Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2006, 06:17 AM

Default Are the Mid-Low limit full ring games on PokerStars Beatable?!?!?!

After consistently beating the 10/20 game on party before the legislation, i have had no such luck on the low limit games on stars. I would consider myself a very unexperienced 6 max player but considering how tight/conservative the full ring games are, do I need to learn the 6 max game?

PREFLOP ANALYSIS: On party I was running at about 1.2bb/100 hands and relying very little on the game selection. I would occasionally notice when pokerace put the VPIP at over 25% for the table but nothing more than that in general. Now these full ring games, mainly the 5/10 games due to the lack of 10/20 games, are running at 22-25% of players seeing the flop which is far below the equivalent VPIP% of party. To extend this even further I have had multiple situations where players are simply calling a preflop raise with tt-kk, just calling out of blinds and very reluctant to cap jj-kk, ak.

Post Flop analysis: These players are about the most conservative i have ever experienced in my life. They generally like to lead out with top pair, pocket pairs on rag boards and with draws. I see very little check raising after the flop compared to that on party.

Some situations that i came across tonight. I had AT in late position, 3 bet by the button. Two to the flop. xxT. I check raise the flop, turn and river blank and I get called down by the button with JJ.

Another one. I open raise with qq, bb 3 bets, i cap. Flop comes out ace high. bb checks, i bet, bb calls. turn blank, bb checks i check. river another ace, bb checks, i bet, bb calls and shows kk.

final situation: i have jt. flop comes 789. 4 to the flop. heavy action. 4 ways to the turn which is another 9. bb bets, one call, i raise, button calls, bb calls one fold. 3 to river. bb checks, i bet, button calls, bb folds. buton shows 99. says he wanted to show his first four of a kind.

Is this what these games have become?!?! And is it possible to beat them and at what line?

Comments, Advise and Reactions greatly appreciated,
DBECKHAM
Old 11-10-2006, 08:56 AM

Default Re: Are the Mid-Low limit full ring games on PokerStars Beatable?!?!?!

lol @ 99 hand

I havent played limit at stars for a while but they were certainly beatable pre-legislation. They were never party-juicy, and they require more table selection (keep moving around till you find an LP at each table).

But even in your post you point out plenty of mistakes from your opponents. They seem to be weak-tight. You should be able to make money by playing aggressively, lagging it up a little, picking up lots of small pots, getting called down light, taking the free cards that they are handing to you when you need them, etc.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:52 PM

The 15/30 seemed to have a regular selection of fish.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:43 AM

Honestly man you should be rapt, from what I just read, you saved about $100... So get ur pick out and start breaking da rocks...

PTY 10/20: 1.2/100 "dbecham"? over how many hands? ur not in my PT...
Old 11-11-2006, 06:58 AM

few different aliases on party...most frequently used p7diamond.

i guess what i was saying is they never get out of line with their hands when they are heavy favorites. it seems like they are content to call down with TPTK and better sometimes. Therefore i am trouble picking off a few extra bets here and there that lead to +bb/100
Old 11-11-2006, 10:05 AM

ahh, yes. I remember p7. hahaha. You were very polite, I remember you said goodbye on all your tables on the last day of PTY! Well good luck at Stars, I have faith you'll beat it!

JT
Old 11-18-2006, 01:33 AM

I got 1000 hands at 5/10 full on you and you are running @ 9.83 BB/100, and you're having issues?
Old 11-18-2006, 03:19 AM

It seems like you are citing bad play or passive play as a reason you can't beat the game for as much as the party games. This is irriational and probably just a sample size issue. You will just need to adjust to your opponents and realize that if they are playing passively you will need to take that into account when you are making thin value bets and raises.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:46 PM

LOL I spent many of hours with p7 back in the party days. I don't remember them all being polite. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]