Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2006, 04:44 AM

Default Dreams

I have lots of vivid dreams and remember a lot of them. I make up people, names, places (I am an engineer so I could probably draw schematics for a lot of these places that I'm sure I've never been, but entirely made up), and ridiculous storylines.

I tell me friends about some of them, and they always comment something like "wow, you have a ton of dreams. I never remember any of mine." Also they comment that theirs are nowhere near as vivid as mine.

Does this mean anything? Restlessness? Not enough sleep? Is it genetic? I'm not complaining coz the dreams are interesting to say the least, but I would like to understand why my dream experience is seemingly different from the norm.
Thanks
Old 11-10-2006, 06:20 AM

Default Re: Dreams

I think theres a book that explains dreams, dno the title though
Old 11-10-2006, 06:24 AM

I have many vivid dreams to. Its my favorite thing about sleeping. As far as not enough sleep goes, i think its the opposite. I think you have to be sleeping very well, and in a very deep sleep to have dreams. I could be wrong though. I get to much sleep if anything.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:49 AM

oddly my dreams become more vivid the less sleep I have. I've I've hadly any it gets to the stage where I think a dream is real, like I am awake but I'm in a situation that my dream has created.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:24 AM

i have insanse surealistic nightmares almost everynight. i like to write about them. for years i didnt sleep much at all. then i got sick of being burned out all the time and started to sleep at least 7 hours a night. it started around that time.

they seem more likely to occur if i take someting to go to sleep, but i still have them sometimes without anything.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:28 PM

Most people have many dreams during the night, every night. The majority of people can't recall most of their dreams- but it is an ability that can be developed.

Do a search for "Lucid Dreaming" if you REALLY want to get into how exciting dreams can be. I was in to this a few years ago. you can learn to control your dreams- it took me about 6 months of hard effort (similar to poker study) to get to a point where I was having 1 lucid dream every week or two.

Ian