Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 01:46 PM

Default Another AA hand this time facing a check raise

Another AA hand facing a check raise this time. This time the Villain is a definite TAG.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero ??

Fold or call down? When he check raised I got the feeling he flopped a flush and waited until the turn to raise.

Doc
Old 11-09-2006, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Another AA hand this time facing a check raise

[ QUOTE ]
This time the Villain is a definite TAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Call the raise, call one on any non-[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] river. This could easily be a hand like KxQ[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Neither Villan is going to fold anything you want them to at this point.

Edit: to clarify, if Villan is a TAG, as you say, there are only about a half-dozen flush hands that you're worried about, but a lot of drawing hands/weak made hands that he can represent a flush with that he'd play like this.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:40 PM

I think I fold here. It would be different if the highest card on the board was lower as you could be against another overpair, but you're clearly betting for value on the turn and a good player just check/raised the field. I think we're good here less than 1 time in 5 and even then 20% of the time the flush card comes on the river. And a few more percent of the time they hit their straight / 2 pair / trips on the river. Also it is less likely that our opponent has 2 pair due to the gaps so I don't think we have any counterfeit outs.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:45 PM

TAG played this hand like dogshit. The read is almost certainly bad. Call if he really is a TAG though and it is pretty meh (prob fold) if he is a generic player.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:18 AM

I'm folding here, I don't see CO making a bluff check/raise at this limit vs both hero and MP1 as they prob won't be folding both, so you're looking at something that beats your AA.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:33 AM

(grunching after a long break, for fun)

check hte flop. fold the turn.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:01 PM

I have trouble here too. I would probably call and see what MP1 did and what the river brought. If no heart, I would call one bet.