Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 03:12 AM

Default Should i slow it down???

I dont know exactly, the reason it is cause so many player will turn over K10 and other garbage
i dunno
any replies are appreciated
PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB
Old 11-09-2006, 03:39 AM

Default Re: Should i slow it down???

standard!

river is a good and bad card for the vbet. flush came in (but you dont care because you're folding to a raise), but the main thing is that QT and QJ just paired up and they wont fold.

sure these spots are uncomfortable but eventually you just come to the realization that betting is the best play so you just keep doing it. you'll lose when called a decent amount, but its much better than check calling and you don't have the read to check fold. like today i bet JJ on a T54AK river against two opponents. one guy flopped a flush draw and rivered a pair of Ks to beat me. the other guy called with a T. that is a good result.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:40 AM

Any read would be very good. If he is an aggressive player expect him to reraise with any 99-AA perhaps 88. What would he be just coldcalling with preflop?? If he is a bit loose perhaps Axs, any high suited connector or the like. Perhaps even a low pair. In a way I think the turnbet is fine to make him pay for a flushdraw but the turn is scary. Note: some players would raise a flushdraw on the flop to get info or a freecard. You loose to any AK, AQ, AJ, KQ, flush, Ax, J10, AA, KK, QQ, 99 and if he doesn't have a good hand and with your preflopraise he will probably be to scared to call a hand anyway. You would split with KJ. Beat QJ, JJ, 1010,88. In fact the only reasonable hand to call with that you beat on the river would be QJ. With A,K,Q on the board and you were the preflopraiser this would be very intimidating to him.
I would check the river and consider a crying call. Maybe even check-fold if he is a rock.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
standard!

river is a good and bad card for the vbet. flush came in (but you dont care because you're folding to a raise), but the main thing is that QT and QJ just paired up and they wont fold.

sure these spots are uncomfortable but eventually you just come to the realization that betting is the best play so you just keep doing it. you'll lose when called a decent amount, but its much better than check calling and you don't have the read to check fold. like today i bet JJ on a T54AK river against two opponents. one guy flopped a flush draw and rivered a pair of Ks to beat me. the other guy called with a T. that is a good result.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could say it was basically even.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:04 AM

is raising KJo in this game standard? i often fold it in such EP pf. the rest is goot.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:42 PM

as played, i'd bet/fold for the reasons miles mentioned. like saikkonen said, in this kind of situation infos help a lot. i'm value-betting my ass off against a loose passive guy, but c/c like a pussy against a tight guy.
and i'd fold preflop.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as played, i'd fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-09-2006, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is raising KJo in this game standard? i often fold it in such EP pf. the rest is goot.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd say in 6 handed play it's pretty standard.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad. just noticed it was 6handed.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad. just noticed it was 6handed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Figured that. Didn't think you'd say it otherwise coming from the SS forum. Nice Digest by the way.