Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $521.20
UTG+1: $419.40
Hero: $489
Button: $409.60
SB: $392
BB: $349.70

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $8</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($34, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $17</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($85, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $42.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $175</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

I removed the river card and the action just to keep things focused and non-biased on the turn.

I didn't have any specific reads on either of the two players involved. I will, however, say that the PFR is a habitual min-raiser PF.

Sometimes I'll raise the flop, but I decided to just take a cheap draw while closing the action. If anyone feels real strongly either way, feel free to comment.

The turn is where I'm really curious. I was debating between just calling and putting it in on the turn. If it were HU, I don't think it matters much (though I'd be inclined to just call w/o the turned FD, but nothing is 100%), but 3-handed is a bit more interesting, I think. I realize that just calling is inviting the other guy to stay in with whatever he has, and it'll sometimes cost me the pot, but I'm not concerned with minimizing my variance.

Is it just one of those things where sometimes I'll look like a genius when the initial bettor folds, and an idiot when he sticks around and the river pairs the board or fills the flush draw? Does raising the turn knowing it'll be a split fairly often, but pushing out the other guy maximize my EV, or does getting a little cute do that?

Thanks for any insight,
Steve
Old 11-09-2006, 11:41 AM

Default Re: 2/4 6max FTP: Overthinking it?

you played it best ev play, sucks u lost this one tho

-
or
-

what is bettor's range/likelihood of pushing wrap and not set that improved to higher str8t draw ie 779j with j-hi flush draw, or even something as weak as aa9j, nut flush draw? does he know not to enlarge the pot on the turn with nice backdoor draws out of position so he gets shut out? have u considered the poss. he is ninja and is freerolling you (in which case the pulling smoothcall is undoubtedly +EV)?

depending on how loose he is, u can be like the players here, who'd say repot flop, bc every1 here is bitter against any oop frequent low-stakes potter...but I say the numbers on that being +EV, even against maniac, are fundamentally flawed and you're actually -EV

"pulling" in is not a great idea with such a weak holding, although its not bad at all, capalleti: "str8ts are very weak holdings in omaha...of questionable value" (which of course he contradicts 527 times in the same book)

out of curiousity, what was the villain's handle, since it could have been me?
Old 11-09-2006, 11:52 AM

I think you should be raising the flop about 70% of the time here.

On the turn: go ahead and make the overcall, and be willing to pot the river if the board pairs/diamond comes out. You will be splitting a lot here.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:46 PM

obv. allin on turn...i dont think youer getting freerolled and the UTG+1 probabloy has some sort of combo redraw...both calling and raising on flop seem alright....although i sometimes 3 bet this pre...and i would have probably raised the flop..
Old 11-09-2006, 01:02 PM

comprehensive comments/questions to replies, since I like the original post (i may sound like an [censored], if so i apologize): 70% of the time? that a tested stat? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
DEPENDS COMPLETELY on the read of the guy betting out...also, in a real tight game, do you want to push a draw into a set behind you? what then? repotting every flopped top wrap w-o flush draw on board is BAD, altho for 2/4 its +EV 62/38 id guess...how do we know we're not getting freerolled? READ-DEPENDENT...id say, since I make more money of ppl who'd push turn here than I ever do off of total donks, that id NEVER reraise pot turn w-o freeroll...then again i fold anything less than aa ds or aa with another pair for any raise pf, ever...so mb im a little nitty

it should be noted that I am one of those low-stakes 16-tablers that every1 hates [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

however-"i dont think youer getting freerolled and the UTG+1 probabloy has some sort of combo redraw"

how can you say both those things are true? aren't they somewhat mutually exclusive? my thinking being-you haven't seen him lagtard it up, he sees you quick-call flop, then he repots turn with you behind him? is he really going to do that with a "combo-draw" that doesn't already have the nuts?

if you think he is, and you have to think that to make that statement, he is an uberdonk and has paid for my rent a zillion times anyway, so point is moot like whoa

"although i sometimes 3 bet this pre"
I actually love this, depending on stack depth, if you're in good pos. b/c ppl at 2/4 will continuation bet when they miss with overpairs more than they do at .25/.50, plus isnt it a MONAY image build? helps you be able to 3-bet aa and get paid when you hit, too, which, when stacks are huge, is how you nut on the table

steve, give us the handles please [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2006, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...willing to pot the river if the board pairs/diamond comes out. You will be splitting a lot here.

[/ QUOTE ]

...so...you on FT now? wanna play? please?
Old 11-09-2006, 01:34 PM

Yah I'm there right now. Find me at $0.50/$1 6-max.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:42 PM

lol uk soon as im NOT AT WORK ill get on

steve, handles pleeeeease
Old 11-09-2006, 01:48 PM

I love it, someone challenges my advice by implying i'm a donk and then backs out of his big macho HU FOR BANKROLLZ CHALLENGE YO.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:52 PM

lol a little sensitive huh?

and i dont think my post was trying to be very macho, you go that part down all by yourself

how do you suggest I play while at work at a job at the capitol?
seriously dude, when some1 types "wanna, please?" you couldnt take it as a joke?
Closed Thread