Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 10:39 PM

Default Anyone else having extreme lag on Full Tilt (nc)

I know this might belong in Internet, but I wanted to see if other SSNLers are having this problem. Whenever I play more than 4 tables, the whole system lags like crazy; but it's weirder than that: today, I was involved in a hand and FT started lagging hardcore. I had a small pocket pair and made a cb on the flop and get c.r. I wanted to fold, but for some reason FT had me call the c/r!!!! The only thing I could figure is the lag was so bad that their software interpreted me pressing the fold button as pressing the call button. This happened to me twice today. I ended up having to call a 1/6 river bet after the turn went check, check. Damm FT software. Is anyone having this problem? Yesterday, FT kicks me off when I'm going on a rush of cards and today I drop probably 95 due to this misclick problem. My internet is fine, I can play on UB with no problems. Thanks for any input. I just don't feel confident playing on FT's software right now if this continues.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:48 PM

Default Re: Anyone else having extreme lag on Full Tilt (nc)

I read about similar problems in the Software forum, and it's kept me on PS until they sort things out. Sounds like they are having a hard time with the influx of new customers.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:49 PM

I've had the same problems, but always thought it was just my computer. A couple days ago I'm staring at AA with a raise in front of me and I can't do a damn thing cuz FT froze up on me. That sucked. I usually play 4-6 tables at FT. I don't really know if there is a solution. Try crossposting in software or internet.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:52 PM

I'm planning on moving to Stars in January. There are alot of regulars here in SSNL. My main concern right now is this misclick problem. If the software wants to kick me off, whatever. But when the software is misinterpreting what I'm pressing, then there becomes a real concern as I could lose a lot of money this way. What if I have the nuts and some pushes and the software has me fold or if I get pushed into and I have nothing and software has me call. FWIW my comp is: 3.67 GHZ (something like that) 1GB or RAM, some fancy graphics card, and Comcast high speed. Is this my problem or Full Tilts?
Old 11-08-2006, 10:53 PM

sometime this will happen to me...i can usually get rid of it by press ctrl+alt+del -> go to the processes tab -> right click on fulltiltpoker.exe and set the priority to high. This will usually fix the lag problem..if not you might need more ram or faster processor.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:56 PM

changing the lobby from holdem to chat helps i heard, something to do w/ the program not using resources to keep updating the lobby
Old 11-08-2006, 10:59 PM

I have sent in the traces they asked me to run, but I doubt I'll play on FT again until this misclick problem is resolved.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:45 AM

I have been having awful Lag problems with FT.

I fixed it by:

a: Ctrl-Alt-Del bring up Task Manager and set FTP to "high" priority

b: set PT to "below normal" priority

c: set PAHUD to "below normal" priority

I have a 3 gig PC with 1gig RAM &amp; mucho HD space, I have a seperate partion that I use for windows swap file use only (default is to use a sytem managed size on teh C: drive which slows performance quite a lot if the programs you are running are also using the C: drive - FTP stores all the gfx cards chips etc locally on the C: drive so moving the swap file helps this as well) which I optimise/defrag etc etc regularly. I have very little else running on my machine while I play but I do have lots of tables open.

I restructured my PTdb recently and set it up to import only my hands into my db often while playing - observed hands into a seperate db on my say so only - I update observed hands look through the tables I have open choose which tables and seats to sit at and then get PT to only import hands I am playing while I am playing. IF my tables dry up or I want to move - I take 5min out import lots of observed hands and reselect my tables.

Table selection is proving to be lots of work but is definitely worth it.

Once the db size gets big PT eats system resources like they are going out of fashion (whether this is a fault of PT or Micro$oft's terrible design for Access db's I dunno) when it imported before it sucked so much juice out of the processor that my net connection got stalled right across the board.

Since resetting the priorities like above I haven't had a single "misclick" problem or timed out at all.

FT also seem to use a lot of resources just to run the Lobby and open each table in a seperate window, I really hope they streamline it soon as this problem is going to get worse the more players they have playing there.

AIUI the Lobby gets updated (and uses resources) even while minimised which I don't understand so switching to the chat lobby apparently helps a little as well.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:53 AM

Thanks for posting this. Been having problems, too, and thought it was just me.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:09 AM

Thanks. I too have been having extreme lag problems.

matrix,

how do you change the task priorities (high/low)? i cant see it?