Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 04:24 PM

Default Is a lot of 2+2 on tilt?

Don't have the time to make a fake-o account to ask this question because I feel a flame possible, but I have to wonder this. I do not inclued participants in OOT in this post as it serves its purpose as a place to tilt.

I have come to believe that over half of the participants on this forum have become jaded and tilted by poker. It seems like you can not even post anything with out getting scarcastic responses or cutting remarks which often do not have anything to do with your request for information. I have sometimes gotten the feeling that some posters attack on the forum because they are unsuccessful with thier attacks at the table. I like the fact that this is not the place to come if you want to "feel the love of the internet". Some post do detract from the exchange of poker information and the poster deserves to be chastized properly, as I have been many times. I find myself deleting post because I just do not wish to see a response that is designed to elevate someones ego with out addressing the question. In other words the responder is letting his emotions affect his post which is in my book tilt.

I am sure that there are some with oppinions on whether or not tilt is a big part of a lot of posters here on 2+2.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Is a lot of 2+2 on tilt?

I think it has a lot to do with the age demographic @ the level of helpfulness one will reply with to a genuine post. And the rest I guess are douches.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:40 PM

Wow, that's really insightful.

I've made my most annoying post on "bad mood" days where I was just tired of being at work and wanted to be a A-hole.

I've also been surprised when I sharkscope some of the posters here just how bad some of the players are, and I'm talking folks with 1k+ posts.

Also, I figure it's part of the nature of poker. It's not a team sport, it's about money, and I think that attracts a certain macho "me good you bad" type of mentality.

Now you got me wondering. You think the nicest posters here might be more likely to be money winners?
And the reverse for the most venomous?
Old 11-08-2006, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not a team sport, it's about money, and I think that attracts a certain macho "me good you bad" type of mentality.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why I still find it refreshing (& surprising) why there are SO MANY experienced players willing to help those below them.

Ian
Old 11-08-2006, 08:07 PM

Since I registered 2+2 has always been 90% BS and 10% genius. Searching for the genius is very worthwhile and profitable though but you have to think for yourself and use it for what it is.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, that's really insightful.........
Now you got me wondering. You think the nicest posters here might be more likely to be money winners?
And the reverse for the most venomous?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that the nicest posters are nice people who may or may not be successful at poker. I think that the most venomous are not winners or or suffering a big down swing. I think that the venomon that they sometimes spew is an emotional response to poker results. I do not think that they are hateful people. They are probably nice people away from the game.

I myself have posted bad beats, used scarcasm, posted all maner of stupid post and attacked others. Sometimes when I respond like that I realize I am tilting myself when I did not feel on tilt. I try to always delete those and not post them but I am sometimes suprised at the hidden anger poker can bring out in me.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:01 AM

I would agree as I am somewhat new to the forum. My first few posts, didnt follow the specifics, so i learned and moved on after getting flamed. I have definetly learned enough to make me keep coming back 6 times a day. Flipside I also like the humor at the end of a long session to hear some of these guys spew and you can tell they just hate life and people. I have just learned to stay away from certain people.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:59 AM

u have to try to distinguish between idiots and people who actually have good advice. I don't think this has anything to do with tilt.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:56 AM

Ask an asinine question. Get an asinine answer. I actually find myself giving bad advice. Most of the time as a caustic joke or b/c I know alot of my opponents read what I write and I don't feel like giving away an edge.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ask an asinine question. Get an asinine answer. I actually find myself giving bad advice. Most of the time as a caustic joke or b/c I know alot of my opponents read what I write and I don't feel like giving away an edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you feel better after you make a caustic joke or after you make a post that could be missunderstood and cost someone a lot of $$$$.

What exactly do you consider an asinine question? Is it a question that is answered in the sticky or FAQ? Is it a question asked by someone at a lower level of understanding than yourself? Is it a question asked by someone on a higher plane of the game as you? Is it beginer questions?

Are your responses a reflex post, or do you put alot of time into your responses to asinine.

I like that you post to decieve your opponents but would it not be easier to just change the name that you post under? That way they would have zero info on you. Even deceptive info is info.