Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 03:53 PM

Default Meal Plan or cash at Atlantis PCA?

Hey all --- has anyone been to the PCA at atlantis that can provide some thoughts on what is better value, to buy a meal plan or to pay as you go.

Thanks.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Meal Plan or cash at Atlantis PCA?

This isn't specific to PCA, but I asked my brother in law about his trip to Atlantis, and he strongly recommended against getting the meal plan.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This isn't specific to PCA, but I asked my brother in law about his trip to Atlantis, and he strongly recommended against getting the meal plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks --- was it because he didn't eat all the meals? I heard that individual meals can be quite expensive when purchased alone --- something like 20$ for brunch, and 40+ per person for dinner. If thats the case than a 59$ plan might be worth while, no?
Old 11-08-2006, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks --- was it because he didn't eat all the meals? I heard that individual meals can be quite expensive when purchased alone --- something like 20$ for brunch, and 40+ per person for dinner. If thats the case than a 59$ plan might be worth while, no?

[/ QUOTE ]
Atlantis is a real fancy place, and most of the restaurants are pretty expensive, but the food what you would expect for that price. I was there for the Paradise Masters final table and they gave us a huge expense account, which required a lot of nice meals to use up.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:44 PM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

aparently the pokerstars meal plan is a declining debit system like a college meal plan that you can use anywhere on the island

it isn't a per meal system
Old 11-08-2006, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
aparently the pokerstars meal plan is a declining debit system like a college meal plan that you can use anywhere on the island

it isn't a per meal system

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this is true --- however one still has the option to purchase a meal plan. My question is more would one generally spend more than 59$ per person on breakfast and dinner? If so then the meal plan is likely worth it, if not, or if its close, then the added flexibility and potential cost savings would be the way to go!

I know I have a meal plan worth $1150, which could purchase 2x$59 meal plans with the 15% tip and a few dollars left for beers. Alternatively we could just spend it down at the restaurants as we go. I was hoping someone who has seen the prices recently (2006?) could comment on this.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:59 AM

The meal plans work alright if you eat at the places it covers, but don't get one if you have a choice. You are going to want to eat at a bunch of places that aren't covered by the meal plan.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The meal plans work alright if you eat at the places it covers, but don't get one if you have a choice. You are going to want to eat at a bunch of places that aren't covered by the meal plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks --- what kind of prices does one find at the various restaurants? ie - obviously a steak would be fairly expensive but what about a run of the mill club sandwich etc.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks --- what kind of prices does one find at the various restaurants? ie - obviously a steak would be fairly expensive but what about a run of the mill club sandwich etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything is like double normal price... Jamba juice smoothies are like 10 dollars. Also remember your debit card so you don't have to exchange money or pay in American cash and get ripped on the exchange when making random purchases.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything is like double normal price... Jamba juice smoothies are like 10 dollars. Also remember your debit card so you don't have to exchange money or pay in American cash and get ripped on the exchange when making random purchases.

[/ QUOTE ]
The Bahamian dollar is pegged to the American dollar, so you can use American currency, unless it's worth less and I was getting ripped off.