Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 09:03 AM

Default Does SSHE strategy work at the nano\'s?

I know that profit comes from other's mistakes- but is it possible that there are so many bad players at the table (0.10/0.20) that their combined mistakes make a "SSHE Strategy" unworkable?

I only play good starting hands. I'm (at a basic level) aware of pot odds / outs / etc.

But when I do get a hand, I'm normally up against a couple of donkeys who will cold call PF with ragds and then call down no matter what the board shows.

I know THEY will lose long term with this "strategy"- but if most people are playing like that- does it invalidate my TAG strategy?

This isn't a Bad Beat Post, just want to make sure that what I am doing will reap the rewards in the end- Logic says it will, but the swings will be much much higher at these limits- as people will play any 2.

Ian
Old 11-08-2006, 09:05 AM

Default Re: Does SSHE strategy work at the nano\'s?

I'm playing SSHE hands (probably badly [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) at 0.05/0.1 and I'm winning at present.

It's precisely because they play any 2, and limp along with them for so long, that you will win.

*Build big pots* when you have the best of it. Don't try a slowplay unless you're at a suitable table/position for it. Don't try bluffing them.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm playing SSHE hands (probably badly [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) at 0.05/0.1 and I'm winning at present.

It's precisely because they play any 2, and limp along with them for so long, that you will win.

*Build big pots* when you have the best of it. Don't try a slowplay unless you're at a suitable table/position for it. Don't try bluffing them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strangely enough- I have done pretty well at .05/0.10- 4.8BB/100 over 10K hands. But at .10/.20 I'm running at -0.91BB/100 over 7.5K hands. And I don't think I'm doing anything differently between the two levels.

Ian
Old 11-08-2006, 09:13 AM

It works very well at these tables, but you have to be patient. Value bet only, don't bluff, don't even c-bet most flop misses. Just bet whenever you have the best of it, fold when you miss, and lean on the Raise button whenever you hit your hand.

Exception: play and even bet big draws against a large field (as described in SSHE).
Old 11-08-2006, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
don't bluff, don't even c-bet most flop misses.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think these are my two biggest leaks- especially the C-bets. Many thanks.

Ian
Old 11-08-2006, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know THEY will lose long term with this "strategy"- but if most people are playing like that- does it invalidate my TAG strategy?

[/ QUOTE ]

To whom do you think they will lose then?

[ QUOTE ]
Strangely enough- I have done pretty well at .05/0.10- 4.8BB/100 over 10K hands. But at .10/.20 I'm running at -0.91BB/100 over 7.5K hands. And I don't think I'm doing anything differently between the two levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be the problem. I play also at these levels and I think that the opponents at 0.10/0.20 are a little bit better than those at 0.05/0.10 post flop. Since I was unable to find the beginners corner at Party Poker I played my very first 1000 hands at 0.50/1.00 and lost 3BB per 100 hands. Pre flop play was also dismal there but post flop some of these are quite clever from a beginners point of view.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that the opponents at 0.10/0.20 are a little bit better than those at 0.05/0.10 post flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree.

But surely they're not "that" much better that it's taken my win rate from +4.8BB/100 to -1?.

Ian
Old 11-08-2006, 10:02 AM

Hmph, i think im c-betting too much with oc, as well
Old 11-08-2006, 10:03 AM

Anybody who asks this question hasn't STUDIED SSHE well enough. Ugh... it's such a retarded question. UGH! Go to the beginners forum.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody who asks this question hasn't STUDIED SSHE well enough. Ugh... it's such a retarded question. UGH! Go to the beginners forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your input