Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 07:14 AM

Default What do you make of me? In a Rut.

Hello,

Last friday I finshed my 9-5 work went home, rested few hours in the dark, then hit the online poker tables for midnight, went in with £400 (750us) and by 6pm I was up to £1200.

Great you might think, Saturday morning I headed home via a shopping mail and walked around like a zombie buying about $500 worth of shopping. I headed to my overtime job saturday morning 11am.. finshed up the normal 9-5job and for 5:30 saturday I was backonline, in a matter of minutes I went from £1200 to £1600.

Im 30 single professional, I dont have a drug problem, I am sinlge good looking but I only see women of the night from time to time.

I went from $750 to $3200 in around 8 hours of play, during my normal play when I play my best I am unbeatable, I also pick up with a lot of semi bluffs, bluffs.

In the lasts 20mins I lost control of my mind, with the outside world affecting my mind. I blew all 3.2k plus another $400 my bank account.

This is an outline of what happend.

Does any one do any thing similar? be unbeatable for many hours then kill themselfs, themselfs,

It would have been easier to go from 3.2k to 5k or 3.2k to 6k than from $750 to $3.2, the more you got the more difficult it is to lose, it all etc.

Ive read zen and the art, teo of... I know your ment to treat it like business.

I considered going to a massager parlour first but I perfer to have all my god in motion for my poker, You need all the luke skywalker going on.

Any one heard or done some thing similar in my situation of like?

One last thing, all you fokes on here asking this and that question about plays, man you should know what your doing from your posisiton from your stack, the idea is to be agressive and take the money, if the pots $10 and your second from last to act and the first checked make a bet of $10 once in a while, the math should all be automatic once you have been playing for 1 year, when some one goes all in they normally have the nuts, do bluff but show down interesting high rolling cards once in a while.

Be able to go tight to lose in one hand.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:19 AM

Default Re: What do you make of me? In a Rut.

I think one problem you have is thinking that if you play well you are "unbeatable". It's a pretty daft comment - saying that you feel that way when you hit good cards is one thing, but thinking you are seems to show a lack of respect for other players (some of which, believe it or not, will be better than you) and for the game.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when I play my best I am unbeatable

[/ QUOTE ] confidence is good, but wake up

[ QUOTE ]
I blew all 3.2k plus another $400 my bank account.

[/ QUOTE ] moneymanagement, read all about it, donk

[ QUOTE ]
Does any one do any thing similar? be unbeatable for many hours then kill themselfs, themselfs,

[/ QUOTE ] Its the total after all sessions that call you either unbeatable or not (if that is what you wanna call it).. not a weeks play
Old 11-08-2006, 08:57 AM

the last chapter tells me you are bad at poker.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:13 AM

run hot, think you're god's gift to poker, cool down, go busto ..

basically standard
Old 11-08-2006, 10:02 AM

I agree with all of these responses. One of the keys to successful poker is to keep a level head and know that you can never master this game. You can always improve your game and just becasue your running good doesn't mean you can win every pot you get involved in.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
women of the night

[/ QUOTE ] like whores?

sounds like you've been playing poker for about a month and think ure the shiz niz. also sounds like ure most definitely not the shiz niz. u hit a few good hands, make money, and donkd the rest away. read books, study, manage ure money, play more hands at stakes u can afford, lose the god complex (cuz no1 is unbeatable, hellooooooo)
Old 11-08-2006, 01:46 PM

wtf is with the stream of consciousness typing?
Old 11-10-2006, 06:28 AM

hi.

Of course I can lose a hand, I can lose three but when I play my A game I will win, I might not take you but there are other players on the table.

Any one who goes from $750 to $3.2k over 8 hours you should listen to.

And by the way you all have missed the point of my post...

I dont have any difficulty in making money, and yes I am unbeatable, over time, over my best game I dont lose, I lose and fold hands, but my play my math, my action, its very very hard for me to "lose" on decent medimum to soft tables, Even on the $10/$20 when My game is on I can fold quickly and push check correctly, to make money...

My post here was this, I ment this....

I am crazy, I am depressed, I dont enjoy my job, I dont make enough money, I am a master of poker, every time I play I double triple up, I admit from $750 to 3.2k that is the best Ive done..

I sit in the half lotus position and I cente myself and go invisable, use my soul in play, your mind is able to recieve and do more than just play math...

At the end I gave the money away, I gave it way thats my point I am saying I do not have any foundation below, in being fully adult, Im 30 but stupid, not mature, I try to practise buddism but really I dont..

I master it for hours then topple over in the wind of darma, its hard to explain but really I need to not be able to eat for a week.

I was talking over what I did, because make no mistake I did it, I did not play poker towards the end , the last 30mins, I was half dead, half needing a girlfriend, crazy.

I killed myself, Ive done it over several times, Ive played for over 2 years now.

I am a master at poker but a baby in life.. Do you understand what I mean, I could have turned 500k into 2million but then at the end blown the whole 2million stood up and not even felt bad, with no shoes to walk home with.

Im 30, I work in IT, I really want to get out of debt, I just feel so behind, I feel like I should have £200k in the bank, I made my whole god darn months wages in one night on the poker table.

I swear to god If I had a big bank role, was able to play full time, I would with easy double it given time if I was allowed to play my best a game, My A game is agressive, observant, dependant on other players not rasing to much or pushing themselfs, I do tend to fold against strong players.

Its difficult to sum up your game but completly dynamaic like water be a good exmple.

I dont need advise about poker I need advise about being adult and not being stupid and giving away 8 hours of hard work, I think I was spoild as a child growing up, my fokes traveled around the world, my father was crooked and later went to prision for a few years for Art crimes.

Thanks any way guys, good luck on the tables and Im sure if I ment you all online I would have a tough time making money.

Peace...
Old 11-10-2006, 06:32 AM

Honestly, that is a very very strange post. It's really hard to tell if it's tongue-in-cheek or not, but anyone who talks as you do about poker is either half serious or doesn't really understand the game.