Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 01:38 AM

Default 3/6 (Last Hand for the Night) A7s vs. TAG

One last hand from that same table. UTG is that 69/11/2.8, bluff-happy player. SB is a solid multi-tabling TAG & 2+2'er (I believe?). I have him at 21/15/2.3 over 1k+ hands. My table image doesn't really matter, as he has more than enough hands against me to know my normal playing style. He has been particularly quiet at this table, though, and so the other players probably view him as a rock.

I give him a 3betting range here of approximately AK-ATs, AA-88, and possibly KQs. It could be a bit wider if he realizes that UTG is likely to respect his 3bet, and that I'm likely to be raising fairly light to isolate on her.

Thoughts?

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (7SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5.5BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, planning to raise a river bet or bet the river if checked to....
Old 11-08-2006, 01:49 AM

Default Re: 3/6 (Last Hand for the Night) A7s vs. TAG

I dont know maybe you had to be there.

I just bet. You would raise the flop and bet the with most pocket pairs and SB may just think he pulled ahead with the ace and c/r the turn. Then a smooth call river raise would be sweet. Maybe I'm just dreaming, who knows.

I just dont see that you are gonna get a whole ton of action out of non-ace holdings that the SB might have but you might get 2-4 bets out of an ace.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:02 AM

I don't get it. You're missing so much value by not bet/3-betting this turn...
Old 11-08-2006, 02:10 AM

I don't think he would expect me to bet this turn with a hand that didn't beat AK, and if he doesn't have the ace I felt the check through would make it more likely I get looked up on the river.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:12 AM

he would probably 3 bet his overpairs on the flop right? so his most likely hand is probably a big ace. in that case i just bet the turn and hope he raises. if he is somehow capable of folding to a turn 3 bet, then call the c/r and raise the river. you will get a wtf call. if you don't think he can let go of it on the turn just 3 bet.

and even if he has 88-kk and was trying to get tricky, he'll still probably call you down. you don't want to have him just check-call the river with one of these hands
Old 11-08-2006, 02:27 AM

If you're always checking behind on this board with hands that don't beat AK you are missing tons of value.

Bet 3 bet.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:14 AM

I bet this turn. Against a player like yourself this check would smell very fishy KK-JJ play the hand this way so far so I would just keep betting hoping AK-At raises you.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:14 AM

bet the turn plz.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:44 AM

You guys are right, I think...I should have bet the turn. FWIW, this is not a standard play for me, just something I threw out there this once.

SB check/called a blank river with TT. I tend to think that I was only getting 1 more BB bet out him either way, unless he tried a move on the turn (which I doubt he'd do), but in general I do give up a lot of potential value vs. his range of hands by the check through.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:48 AM

FPS, bet the turn. Villain likely will call down with Ax, but may fold it to a river raise.