Old 11-07-2006, 10:39 PM

Default Big pot in 25NL

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is Button with :9s :9d
UTG calls, 2 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, [color=#cc0000]Hero raises to $1</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: :5d :8s :9c ($4.35, 5 players)
[color=#cc0000]Hero bets $2</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: :7d ($12.35, 5 players)
Hero checks, [color=#cc0000]UTG bets $5.25</font>, [color=#cc0000]MP2 raises all-in $17.9</font>, [color=#cc0000]CO raises all-in $21.65</font>, [color=#cc0000]Hero raises all-in $27.45</font>.
Uncalled bets: $5.8 returned to Hero.

( Main pot: $71.3)
Old 11-08-2006, 12:34 AM

Default Re: Big pot in 25NL

with a table of tight players, I would dump this. From a loose player, I would call. Either 1 of 2 things happened. Someone caught there flush on the turn or river. Or some one had a 6 or J/10. Unless the board paired I think you lost this hand. Just my thoughts. Also i don't understand the check on the turn. You bet the flop but checked the turn? If you were going to slow play check the flop and bet the turn. To a tight player who reraises, fold.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:53 AM

First: set your converter to 2+2 Format and include stacksizes.

Bet more on the flop: around $4 seems alright.

Turn: why the check? Just bet out here. $10 seems nice.
As played: This is a very drawy board. Any six or JT could already have a straight. But I don't think I could lay this down. Just get it all in and fill up on the river [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Seriously: I'm kinda confused with all the all-in action by opponents. Not really sure what to do here. I guess the chance that one of the villains has JT is big, and you could let it go after MP2 and CO are all-in. Not sure though...
Old 11-08-2006, 08:46 AM

The reason for the check was because if i weren't gettign decent odds, i would get away from my set. with the betting action and the amount in the pot i thought i had the odds to call.

my thinking was that i would see an underset, oesd 2pr enough of the time to make it profitable.

So i checked with the intention of dumping it. if it gets to me with just a psb i dump the hand,. with 2 all ins and plenty of dead money in the pot, i thought i was either good now plenty of the time, and if not still have 10 outs to the winning hand.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:03 AM

1. Set converter to 2+2
2. Raise more preflop, ~$1.75
3. Bet more on the flop with so many opponents, at least 3/4 pot
4. Turn is an easy fold given the action; you're not getting odds to fill up
Old 11-08-2006, 09:10 AM

With 2 guys going all-in and a 2rd donkbetting, I'd be very surprised if none of them had a straight here.

That means you're reduced to drawing to 10 outs, so you are about 3.5:1 against for drawing boat or quads. There's about $56 in the pot, and you need to put 21.65 in.
That gives you about 2.6:1 odds.
UTG is still to act behind you, so he may put some more money in for you.

I think it's a fold.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:35 AM

I got it, about the converter settings. WILL DO IN the future.

Bet 1.75 preflop? seriously. Is that a joke?

i wanted action on the flop, i got plenty of it. That was the reason for the small bet.

is the turn call bad? i really think getting those odds warrants a call here. are 2P and Underset hands not in our Opps ranges?
Old 11-08-2006, 10:00 AM

There are 3 limpers before you preflop, 1.75 is the minimum you want to bet here. Take it down now or get it heads up.

Flop bet too small against 4 opponents with that board. Yes you want action, but not from possibly all three of them.
If you had reads that these guys are idiots who go mad with draws and top pair, I might call and pray I'm ahead. Against anyone half-decent, you are clearly behind on turn.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet 1.75 preflop? seriously. Is that a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]
4BB+1BB/limper, with 3 limpers in front of you? Pot-size raise? No joke. Those limps put some nice juice in the pot, and taking that down uncontested with 99 would be a-OK.

[ QUOTE ]
i wanted action on the flop, i got plenty of it. That was the reason for the small bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have to balance getting plenty of action with getting as much of your money as possible in the middle with the best of it, and giving your opponents the opportunity to make a mistake. In a large, multiway pot, when you bet light, everyone with any kind of draw is correct to call and outdraw you. You bet less than 1/2 pot, against 4 other players; that's just not enough to put any drawing hand to a tough decision.

[ QUOTE ]
is the turn call bad? i really think getting those odds warrants a call here. are 2P and Underset hands not in our Opps ranges?

[/ QUOTE ]
Come on, seriously. CO saw a bet, and then an all-in raise in front of him, and then he pushed -- while looking at a 5789 board. And you think no one has a straight? I would put the chances that NONE of your opponents has at least a 6, much less JT, at exactly zero. Especially multiway, you can't just consider what you're looking at; you have to consider what *they're* looking at when they make their play. This is the key to getting to the next level of thinking about the game.

So given that, you have 10 outs to improve to beat a straight, so you're 3.6:1 against getting there on the river. The pot looks to me to be offering maybe 3:1. fabadam is right, if UTG has a stack left and calls behind you, then your odds to call might still get there, but we don't have stack sizes. Call-or-fold here is a straight math problem, and from the numbers we see it looks like you don't have the odds.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:20 AM

UTG player had an average stack i think he folded with $20 behind.

UTG player folds, MP2 shows Q10 for an OESD and CO shows J10 for the nut str8.

I thought it was a close call/shove on the turn and made the shove assuming more than 1 opponent was an idiot(in this case UTG and MP2. I think if i am gettign 3.5-1 on my money possibly 4.xx if UTG calls, then i am making the profitable play here.

As for the PFR, i have a pretty hard time raising PF to 7Xbb with 99. I am looking to hit a set here not take the pot uncontested. I want to build the pot preflop.

the flop bet i guess can be perceived as bad. i will address my flop bet sizing on the drawy board.

Any further input?