Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2006, 07:09 PM

Default WPEX comments

i have NO idea where else i'm supposed to post this, so if it needs to be moved, please do that.

i'm thinking about moving to WPEX for the rake free-ness.
i've NEVER heard anything good about it though. i hear that it crashes all the time and the software sucks and what not. my question is, is it worth it to go there? are there any positives about it?

also, what about the toughness of games? i can't imagine their as soft as most other sites because any player player there has to care at least a little bit about poker and must not be as fishy as players on other sites.

any feedback would be great. or info about your experiences.

ty
Old 11-07-2006, 07:18 PM

Default Re: WPEX comments

internet gaming section.

I have almost nothing but good things to say about wsex. Any mid to low level cash game player should not play anywhere else. Play good poker and live with some disconnects and rakeback will win you over. If not move on. It's bare bones poker. Like on any site, if you play good you will win. People who don't, will find excuses why they lose. Rakeback helps turn marginal players into winners.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:36 PM

ty for this, i'll post it over there.

wait a sec. where is the internet gaming section??
Old 11-07-2006, 10:28 PM

No rake is a godsend to small stakes players. I have no idea why there's so much WPEX hate here.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:51 AM

For one thing their "How much will you save by playing WPEX" calculator is comepletely screwed (WAY over-inflated).

I 12-table Stars $100NL. In the month of October, I played 98.7 hours (about 25hrs/week). My actual MTT ratio was 10.08.

According to WPEX, if I played 4 tables @ 20 hrs/week I would save $2016 per month.

Only problem is, I actually paid $2531.70 in rake for the month of October, playing longer and 2.5 times as many tables.

Projecting WPEX's number to what I actually played (10 tables, 25 hrs/week) would result in $6300 in "saved rake".

That's not just a little off, that's completely insane and obviously totally unreliable.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For one thing their "How much will you save by playing WPEX" calculator is comepletely screwed (WAY over-inflated).

I 12-table Stars $100NL. In the month of October, I played 98.7 hours (about 25hrs/week). My actual MTT ratio was 10.08.

According to WPEX, if I played 4 tables @ 20 hrs/week I would save $2016 per month.

Only problem is, I actually paid $2531.70 in rake for the month of October, playing longer and 2.5 times as many tables.

Projecting WPEX's number to what I actually played (10 tables, 25 hrs/week) would result in $6300 in "saved rake".

That's not just a little off, that's completely insane and obviously totally unreliable.

[/ QUOTE ]

how is it that they can have their calculator give you those numbers then? if you play that much and it says you're supposed to get that much, don't they have to give you that? isn't that false advertising?
Old 11-08-2006, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No rake is a godsend to small stakes players. I have no idea why there's so much WPEX hate here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe because it is next to impossible to actually play poker in their client?

Just a thought.

Worst. Site. Ever. Seriously, I'd rather just get 30-40% rakeback at a site that isn't so [censored] [censored].
Old 11-08-2006, 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

how is it that they can have their calculator give you those numbers then? if you play that much and it says you're supposed to get that much, don't they have to give you that? isn't that false advertising?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, think about what you just said.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:29 AM

I sometimes compare mgr column in PTracker with my rb of the day.
all seems ok
and the result found by their calculator matches my stats too
Old 11-08-2006, 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, think about what you just said.

[/ QUOTE ]

........ok.........can't come up w/ anything. enlighten me?