Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2006, 08:41 PM

Default 88

LP is 40/0 fish

Everyone else at table is playing equally badly.

Converted by PokerGeek
Absolute Limit Hold'em Ring - $0.25/$0.50 Stakes (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, LP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Small blind calls, Big blind checks

Flop: (4.60 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Small blind checks, Big blind checks, UTG checks, LP checks, Hero bets, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, LP calls

Turn: (3.80 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, LP checks, Hero bets, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, LP raises, Hero calls

River: (7.80 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
LP bets, Hero calls

Final Pot: $4.75

Results not shown

It was only after this hand that I realised how I should have read LP's play. Should I have been bet/raising more here? What do you think he has?
Old 01-31-2006, 08:47 PM

Default Re: 88

I would fold the turn. Too many hands has u beat. And u donīt have enough possible outs to draw
Old 01-31-2006, 08:50 PM

I raise pre-flop here. Turn bet/call is decient. Only bad thing is that jack hits a lot of limpers. I'm not a huge fan when a fish raises me, but I'd call because it doesn't mean the fish has to have the flush, he could have trips. River I'd call the LP even though the ten made one of your draws.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:58 PM

I think it's close between calling down and folding the turn IF we counted trip 7's, a straight, and a flush as equal possibilities of the fish's holdings. It's hard to count your outs quickly on this one, but I think I'd fold the turn in a smaller pot, since I'd give more weight to the flush since he might call down trips 7s or even a straight.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise pre-flop here. Turn bet/call is decient. Only bad thing is that jack hits a lot of limpers. I'm not a huge fan when a fish raises me, but I'd call because it doesn't mean the fish has to have the flush, he could have trips. River I'd call the LP even though the ten made one of your draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right, he doesn't have to have the flush, but I think when you weigh the frequency with which he'd have each likely made hand compared to the pot size and your chance to improve, doesn't folding jump out at us as the best play on the turn? If not, why?
Old 02-01-2006, 01:31 AM

I see what you're saying. But if he has the flush, 77, JJ, or 99, we have an out. If he has a straight, we have 3 outs to tie with one to win plus any flush cards. If he has 7x or 9x, then we have 6 outs or more depending of how the flush helps or huts us. I think I still like calling the raise on the turn since we have implied odds if we hit something.

I don't know how players on Absolute are, but one thing I think about is how often I fold to check-raises HU. If I consistantly fold in spots where I have outs to win, it could encourage more check-rasing which could cause me to fold a possible winner to a sheer bluff down the line. I would rather lose one bet here than set myself up for losing a whole pot later. This means little at the nano level, I know. Are you suggesting we check here on the turn and go straight to the river? I think this is a good semi-bluff spot.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:49 AM

Not sure what he has, but I know that it beats 88. Fold this turn. Afte you call the turn, you obvioulsy have to call the river. C/R from a fish is almost always bad. They rarley use it too bluff and they [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to do it with trips, flushes, and straights.