Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: I consider myself a...
minarchist 34 60.71%
anarchist 22 39.29%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2006, 12:43 AM

Default How many 6max tables can u play that is most profitable?

I am wondering what u winning players think about how many tables u can play that is the most profitable? At one point I was playing 8 tables of the 6max games on a regular basis at the micro limits. I was making an ok profit nothing great, then I read on a post by aba20 saying that he just played 1-2 tables of the highest his bankroll could support. I tried this and my BB/100 has increased dramatically and I was playing higher stakes so I was making a lot more dough too. There was a huge difference in the whole playing experience, making reads on my opponents, considering my image, being able to really think cuz I dont have 4 tables at once beeping at me and overall I was playing 10x better. Knowing that many 2+2ers play many tables at once I want to know how many tables u can play at once before it effects ur play. For me its between 2 tables and 4 tables I know its different for everyone, I know of a highstakes 2+2er that can play 12 tables at once just fine so how many tables for u? Remember this is only for 6 max games.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:59 AM

Default Re: How many 6max tables can u play that is most profitable?

I wanted to say 3... I never play 4 of 10/20, never more than 2 of 30/60 and up. Often I do two 30/60 and one 15/30.

One time I need the ultimate: one 50/100, one 30/60, one 15/30, one 10/20. Now that was saucy.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:29 AM

i play 8 tables of 1/2nl pretty well....i am sure my winrate would be the max at around 6 though.....if i dont play enough tables i play way to stupid
Old 11-07-2006, 02:30 AM

I think it is different for NL than limit. I found 6 tabling NL MUCH easier than 6 tabling limit.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is different for NL than limit. I found 6 tabling NL MUCH easier than 6 tabling limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be a setmining nit
Old 11-07-2006, 12:41 PM

limit i used to 8+table 6max. limit is just so mechanical in low-mid limits.(but i stopped limit anyways)

nl between 4 and 10...

most of the time 5-6 tho. cant play less then 4 or i get bored and start doing fancy crap that sometimes works but is stupid nontheless.(like 3betting 64o and checkraiseallin hitting nuttn on flop ..)
Old 11-07-2006, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i play 8 tables of 1/2nl pretty well....i am sure my winrate would be the max at around 6 though.....if i dont play enough tables i play way to stupid

[/ QUOTE ]

I find the exact opposite. I can't play more than 2 tables of no limit as it takes all my edge away. At limit I could play up to 10 tables.

In 6 max NL I deliberately target players who I know are playing lots of tables. You can raise them out of every pot they dont hit.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:50 PM

It really depends on the stakes played. AT lower stakes it is more profitable to play more tables because less hand reading is required and the play can be generalized instead of read specific.
At the higher stake games, the players will make plays back at you more frequently and its harder to play multiple tables without reads.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:20 PM

I only play 1 table and I really enjoy it. I know I'm in the tiny minority here, but I feel like I am playing my A game all of the time when I play just 1 table. Like OP said I can consider my image, make reads on players and generally play a very strong game. I play the highest my bankroll allows so the money isn't an issue.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:45 PM

Definetly just one if you want your TRUE "A" GAME. I have found in NL it is so much more important to know your opponents at any level. There are really good players no matter what the stakes and you want to know if that BIG pot is being played by someone you you should be taking serious. (something you cant do if you are playing multi's) This is my opinion.