Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2006, 12:37 AM

Default Semi Funny Story at The Bike

I went and played some 2/4 limit at the bike and this guy sits down and buys in for $40. First hand he is BB and when the action is on him he counts out $15 and shoves them in. We have to explain that the betting is in $2 increments and he doesn't understand so we tell him this is 2/4 limit and he says, !@#$. He thought this was $40 NL. Then the flop comes Qxx and he leads out with a bet, gets two raises and he caps it. He keeps capping till he's all in and then proudly turns over his AQ. LOL. Of course he was beat 3 ways.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:48 AM

Default Re: Semi Funny Story at The Bike

Ehh, this is normal nowadays. Good thing he mistook 2/4 limit for such a big no limit game though. I can't figure out how he did that [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2006, 02:34 PM

And people wonder why I prefer live poker to online. It's EV+ and that means Entertainment Value! Who needs reality TV when included with the price of the rake is both free food and random ("ran dumb"?? sp?) events like these?

And, after all, the Raiders left town a long time ago.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:08 PM

Has anyone actually seen a fight develop from a table?

I've seen a guy break a chip rack over another guy's head at the table adjacent to mine at Hollywood Park (f*cking fantastic) but the recipient of the attack didn't really do anything except for kind of sit there in dumbfounded shock for about twenty seconds and then just start laughing hysterically (even more fantastic) once he realized what happened...but the best part was that two miniscule floormen ran out and started yelling "security!!" and no one showed. at that point everything became akward as everyone at the table, including the two involved just sorta look around and waited for security. By the time somebody showed up, a FULL TWO MINUTES later, everyone had already calmed down (except the dealer, who was yapping incessantly "HE MUST GO! HE GOT TO GO!"), I think the rack breaker had already apologized, and had resigned to the fact that he was out like Rumsfeld (ooooh clever current events punchline), and just walked out calmly with security, like it was a regular, blase sort of thing. Insane - and trust me, this also looked like it was staged.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone actually seen a fight develop from a table?

I've seen a guy break a chip rack over another guy's head at the table adjacent to mine at Hollywood Park (f*cking fantastic) but the recipient of the attack didn't really do anything except for kind of sit there in dumbfounded shock for about twenty seconds and then just start laughing hysterically (even more fantastic) once he realized what happened...but the best part was that two miniscule floormen ran out and started yelling "security!!" and no one showed. at that point everything became akward as everyone at the table, including the two involved just sorta look around and waited for security. By the time somebody showed up, a FULL TWO MINUTES later, everyone had already calmed down (except the dealer, who was yapping incessantly "HE MUST GO! HE GOT TO GO!"), I think the rack breaker had already apologized, and had resigned to the fact that he was out like Rumsfeld (ooooh clever current events punchline), and just walked out calmly with security, like it was a regular, blase sort of thing. Insane - and trust me, this also looked like it was staged.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was playing 6-12 at Hollywood Park once and there was this young punk who had been jawing non-stop about what fish the rest of the table was. This quiet older guy, about 50 or so, stands up, calmly walks around the table, taps the young punk on the shoulder, and when the punk turns around - slaps him full on in the face. He then sat back down.

After about 30 seconds of silence from the whole table, the older guy nodded and said, "keep talking and see what happens next."

The dealer did absolutely nothing...but smile.

That day, I found a new hero.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This quiet older guy, about 50 or so, stands up, calmly walks around the table, taps the young punk on the shoulder, and when the punk turns around - slaps him full on in the face. He then sat back down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not much of a fan of violence to any degree, but that's flippin' awesome. 10/10 for style.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Semi Funny Story at The Bike

[/ QUOTE ]

Link?
Old 11-07-2006, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Link?

[/ QUOTE ]

Linky
Old 11-07-2006, 04:37 AM

It's pretty easy to mistake the Bike 2/4 for the 40 NL. They're in the same section, they both use blue chips, and they both have 1-2 blinds. And there's a dozen tables of each game going at any time. Honest mistake, actually.

But rather than make another thread for this story, I'll briefly tell a funny incident from Sunday.

I was at the Hawaiian Gardens 15/30 game, which had two tables running, and mine was adjacent to one of the 20/40 games. Seat 4 of my game was an older man, probably around 55-60. He's a regular at the yellow chip games there. All of a sudden, seemingly out of blue -- to me and the others around me (I was in seat 7) turns to seat 4 at the 20 game, and shouts at him:

"Listen, you! I've been hearing you smack that gum in your mouth all night and I'm sick of it! Get rid of it or I'll shove that gum right up your ass!"

The guy in seat 4 of the 20 game (30-ish, beefy meathead-type) wheels around and was all like:

"What did you say old man? I'll shove my foot up your ass if you don't shut up and mind your business!"

"Oh yeah? I'd like to see you try!"
"I will!"
"OK, let's go outside!"
"Fine! Let's do it!"

And immediately -- I mean like 15 seconds after the argument started, both guys leap out of their seats and start heading for the exit.

Two chip runners rushed over, and then a floorman followed. Other players at both of our tables stood up to get between them. I heard one guy say, "Mike, calm the f*ck down. He's 90 years old!"

But the two guys were still jawing. Meathead was like "I'll f*ck you up old man, you f*cking piece of sh*t!" And old man was all "Come on, boy, you're a f*cking punk and I'll show you who's boss!"

Finally the floorman settled them down and neither went outside.

They sat back down in the game and the floorman talked to meathead for a couple minutes.

Old man turned around and said, "I apologize, sir."

Meathead immediately responded, "Me too. I'll throw my gum away."

"Thank you."

And that was that. The whole thing couldn't have lasted more than a minute. Because I work in TV and film I could have sworn it was staged, and started looking around for Ashton Kutcher or whatever. But nope, just two gamblers who decided to steam at each other.

Meanwhile, the next hand I flopped top two pair with AK and lost to Q4o who caught running spades to beat me out of a 13BB pot. I did not try to stick my foot up the opponent's f*cking ass.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:33 AM

Private Joker: raconteur
Rottersod: not