Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2006, 02:54 PM

Default Raising an infant...

I had a baby 4 weeks ago and it was a planned pregnancy and we were very happy to bring my son into the world. I have been a pro poker player since 2002 and have have been very successful and plan on taking the next 2-3 years off to take care of my son. My g/f goes back to work in 2 weeks and im going to be alone with the baby.

this baby needs so much attention and care and i cant believe how overwhelming this has become. I really underrated how hard it is to care for a baby. Im a lil nervous about when my g/f goes back to work and am asking OOT if it gets any better? what age does parenthood get easier? 1-2-3 years/
Old 11-06-2006, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Raising an infant...

it gets easier when you die.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a baby 4 weeks ago and it was a planned pregnancy and we were very happy to bring my son into the world. I have been a pro poker player since 2002 and have have been very successful and plan on taking the next 2-3 years off to take care of my son. My g/f goes back to work in 2 weeks and im going to be alone with the baby.

this baby needs so much attention and care and i cant believe how overwhelming this has become. I really underrated how hard it is to care for a baby. Im a lil nervous about when my g/f goes back to work and am asking OOT if it gets any better? what age does parenthood get easier? 1-2-3 years/

[/ QUOTE ]

do you have milk producing breasts?
Old 11-06-2006, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it gets easier when you die.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, im good with kids like 4-5 years old and up, but these infants are tuff, and i have a lot more respect for stay at home moms/dads.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:59 PM

I don't have any kids, but having babysitted the kids of family, I'd have to say that it probably gets harder for the first few years. At least in infancy, they're confined to their cribs, but once they start running, and especially when they're at that height where their head is at the level of table corners and what not, it gets pretty intense. Once you get past that point though, it starts getting better.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you have milk producing breasts?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, we breast fed for the first 6 weeks and slowly transformed to the bottle. i need one of those breasts from meet the fockers.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:01 PM

The fact that it is your own child gives you the attachment that you need to give him everything he needs.

I have a friend who has 2 boys, age 3 and 2. They made me more mad than anything because they are constantly annoying, but not all kids are like that. So if that is any benchmark...after 3.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:03 PM

I found crate-training to be really useful with my puppy. You should give it a shot.
-Sam
Old 11-06-2006, 03:04 PM

After about 6 months it gets a lot easier for a couple of reasons. First off, they start to sleep through the whole night. Second, they start being able to creep and crawl, so they can get around a bit by themselves, and they aren't so frustrated about being useless human beings.

The first 6 months can be relatively to extremely difficult (depending on the colic level of the child). It's because they are useless and depend on you for everything and crying is their only way to communicate. Try and get the child on a regular schedule for eating/sleeping and sh*ting and you will be fine.

Also for the first couple of months, make sure you wrap the baby in a swaddle nice and tight.....reminds them of the old days.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:06 PM

Kids will give you problems until you die. THe problems get different as they age. Infants are easy if you have patience with crying. Crying can signify a lot of things (tired, hungry, wet, bored, horny etc..) and sometimes they just cry to make noise. Make sure all their needs are met, and if they still are crying, then just let them cry.

Parenthood is a fun trip, enjoy it, because spending time with your kids is the most rewarding thing you can do.