Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2006, 10:21 AM

Default What the hell is this?

Please note that even though I am adding their website as a link I am in no way promoting this site since it looks like a scam. I am posting it here to see if any of you have seen/played this before and to create some discussion. In my opinion this is what happens when prohibition starts. A bunch of rogue sites popping up claiming to the solution to the ban and then bye-bye your deposits. e-pokerusa.com

Just in case you missed it above I am NOT endorsing this site.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:43 AM

Default Re: What the hell is this?

[ QUOTE ]
Please note that even though I am adding their website as a link I am in no way promoting this site since it looks like a scam. I am posting it here to see if any of you have seen/played this before and to create some discussion. In my opinion this is what happens when prohibition starts. A bunch oh rogue site popping up claiming to the solution to the band and then bye-bye your deposits. e-pokerusa.com

Just in case you missed it above I am NOT endorsing this site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fwiw, I played a freeroll and earned $2 which I then turned into $65.

I requested a cashout of $40 last week(which they only do by check), they say it will take at least two weeks.

I guess I will be the first tester of the cashout system.

I'll let you guys know if I ever receive anything but I'm honestly not holding my breath.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a new twist on classic poker play. The object of the game is to beat your opponents at other tables with your same playing hand. This reduces the luck in the game and increases the skill in play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regarding their new game called duplicate poker.
That line on their front page made me chuckle.

Can't quite see how it reduces the luck.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's a new twist on classic poker play. The object of the game is to beat your opponents at other tables with your same playing hand. This reduces the luck in the game and increases the skill in play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regarding their new game called duplicate poker.
That line on their front page made me chuckle.

Can't quite see how it reduces the luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are gaming sites online that offer cash tournaments in such games as solitaire. There is an cash prize pool, and the sites take an entry fee just like poker tournaments. However, they seem to be able to claim this game is skill based. This is from WorldWinners (www.worldwinner.com) help sections:

"(wager), an activity involving chance, and a monetary or merchandise reward. Since all WorldWinner games are based on skill, it's the skill of the player, not luck, which determines the outcome of any competition, so they are not considered to be gambling activities. Even in games where there seems to be a minor element of chance, such as the shuffle of the cards in Solitaire Rush, the element of chance has been eliminated through our proprietary software-based scoring system and by giving players similar starting conditions.

Equally important, players play against each other, not against WorldWinner. WorldWinner never makes money from the outcome of a competition. WorldWinner instead makes money for setting up and managing competitions between players. "

"WorldWinner provides its players with equivalent opportunities to solve any given game. This ensures game play of equal difficulty for all players within each individual competition. WorldWinner does so by doing the following:

* In Matched Competitions for most games, all unique players will receive the same first "hand"; subsequent "hands" will be of similar difficulty as determined by our proprietary game rating analysis software.
* In Unlimited Entry Tournaments, all players will receive hands of similar difficulty and equal scoring potential, again based on our proprietary game rating analysis software.

Please note that by "same hands" we mean the same deck, same roll, same board, etc. as it applies to every WorldWinner game."

Now, what I think they are trying to do by saying duplicate poker is that each table will receive the same shuffle, same board, etc., therefore negating your luck of the draw. In other words, if you receive AA at table A and another player receives those same AA at table B. You both go the flop, get the same exact flop, yet you double while player B folds to another player's all-in because he fears his opponent flopped a set. Now, you supposedly won this hand because played more skillfully than player B, who had the SAME EXACT hand, on the SAME EXACT board.

BTW, I'm not saying this makes any sense. It seems pretty ridiculous to me, yet if this site's games are legal, I don't see why poker sites are not.

Janis
Old 11-06-2006, 04:26 PM

I've heard about this before a couple months ago. IIRC the conclusion then was that it was an interesting idea but that the rake was so egregious that it could never be +EV to play.

What's the rake structure?
Old 11-07-2006, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard about this before a couple months ago. IIRC the conclusion then was that it was an interesting idea but that the rake was so egregious that it could never be +EV to play.

What's the rake structure?

[/ QUOTE ]

Worldwinner takes around 30% rake if I remember correctly. I don't know what the duplicate poker site takes.

The duplicate poker thing has many downsides, it was done before in the form of skillpoker.com who admittedly were a somewhat more shady outfit than the new company but even so, the concept never caught on.

To prevent collusion (Which would obviously just be an enormous edge), they changed the idea from straight up duplicate to just giving each player the same hands in the same seat... but not necessarily at the same time! It took away a lot of the point of being a duplicate game, but also took out a lot of the upsides of collusion.

A straight up duplicate game would just suffer too much from colluders. There are many old threads on this form of poker which I should get around to finding at some point, but basically if you tell me what the flop is going to be on my table, you can probably see what kind of edge I have [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Lori
Old 11-16-2006, 06:47 PM

Received my check from e-poker today, 15 days after requesting the payout. Not bad at all.

The check is drawn on Chase Manhattan Bank so I'm confident it will clear.