Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2006, 08:04 PM

Default Looking for a Mentor

I'm a young college student (20 years old), and I've been playing online poker for about 1.5 years and really haven't done much with it. I've read books such as Harrington on Hold'em (I & II), Phil Gordon's Book, Super System 2, so I understand a lot about the game, but I'm just not doing too well.

I have a bankroll of $1k ready to go on Full Tilt with rakeback and want to start off this time correctly. I'm looking for someone who is successful in online poker to take me under the wing and offer whatever help they can, whether that be watching me play an hour or two a week, or allowing me to watch them and knowing their hands, etc, etc. I feel I'm at the point where I need a human teacher to help me get better in online poker and make some income with it, cause face it, i'm a poor college student!

I would be willing to pay or give a cut or whatever, I don't know how this would work out. And yes I understand that probably whatever amount I'm thinking of offering for his time is a LOT less then they can make playing poker. But I'm just looking for someone who wants to help people and is succesfull in online poker.

I would be happy to talk to anyone about this, please either PM me or email me at martin@dorm.org
Old 11-06-2006, 08:03 PM

Default Re: Looking for a Mentor

You're at a forum full of mentors. Surely you could just post any hands you had questions about?
Old 11-07-2006, 08:25 AM

Default Re: Looking for a Mentor

You are in luck my friend I have just released my new ebook 'Online Poker Home Study Course' and I am giving it away free at the moment, all I ask in return is your feedback.

Here is the link: http://www.poker.quentsinfo.com/

I am only collecting email addresses to request feedback and will not pass or sell them to a thrid party. Enjoy.