Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2006, 06:44 PM

Default 5/10: River 3-ball or call?

Have only played 2 orbits with villain. He's been aggressive and pushing people around postflop. I 3-bet him from the button the first hand I played outside the blinds and he check/folded the flop.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">hero raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button 3-bets</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero caps</font>, Button calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9.5SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button caps</font>, hero calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (13.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>.
Hero?
Old 11-05-2006, 06:53 PM

Default Re: 5/10: River 3-ball or call?

3bet is total spew

id just cc
Old 11-05-2006, 07:07 PM

FYI I play one tenth of your limit at 0.5/1.

I see villain with one of: QQ/AA/AJ/AQ/AK

There's only 1 J left in the deck, so that makes AJ less likely.

[ QUOTE ]
He's been aggressive and pushing people around postflop. I 3-bet him from the button the first hand I played outside the blinds and he check/folded the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
From the above, a lack of a flop raise seems fishy. You would here from AQ on the flop and with AK I think villain would try for a free card on the gutshot+overs. AJ-AK clubs would probably be heard from on the flop too.

This leaves QQ and AA, both of which you are behind. Why the lead on the river? I c/c the river. As played, I call the river.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:10 PM

When he caps your turn 3bet, there's no way he's putting you on anything weaker than AQ. I don't think he'd cap even exactly A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] unless he's a complete spewmonkey. What can he hold that beats AQ but loses to you? I think even the river lead is bad.

EDIT: Or think of it this way. There's not a single holding he checks behind here, and when you get raised you are never, ever good.