Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2006, 04:39 AM

Default TPTK, put all in after cont bet.

okay a full ring sng, all fold to me on the button with AJoff. bb has me covered.
Blinds 25-50, i raise to 200. sb folds, bb calls.

Pot 425
Flop J 7 2 rainbow. bb checks, i make a cont bet of 200. bb cr me all in

Now, we have a decision, call the all in or fold. How much in front of us do we need to insta call, and how much to insta fold?

My feelings. Firstly, how much money is in front. This is the first crux of the matter, and which is why i didnt state our stack sizes

Secondly, what is my table image? If I have not had any action for a while, and havent cont betted a flop or two, I would assume that my tptk is probably beaten,but would call about a pot sized raise, say another 800

If I have been a uber lag (which was the case in this instance, i was the big stack bully, and had been raising 3/4 of all pots, and cont betting 100% of the time- very successfully.) I then think that the bb - prob doesnt have AA or KK or QQ as i would probably have been rr pf, he assumes i have junk, and have not paired up, and if he catches a piece of the flop, he will happily put me all in so i leave his blind alone. Thus, i put the villain on one pair, and will happily call a much larger all in bet. This happened on this occasion, i was raised about 2times the pot , called, and he had qj

SO, i feel that a pot sized all in raise or less is an insta call, and probably three times pot or more is an insta fold, and would use my table image to decide if i am up against one pair, poor kicker, or the more unlikely two pair, or set.

Is this a reasonable idea for a pair of jacks, A kicker, which was raised from the button?

Any comments much appreciated