Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2006, 07:48 PM

Default I am having problems with a calling/all in station (sort of long)

I have been playing in a $30 freeroll online that usually has 20-30 enteries. I have been successful with these games and end up in the money a fairly good % of the time. I play fairly tight on the front end and loosen up when the tables get short before adjustments and when the blinds change. The blinds are very stealable depending on who is at the table, etc. Most of the players are becoming familiar and I have adjusted fairly well.

Now an agressive calling station has joined the game. I watched the tourney last night rather than playing. It started with three tables and I watched till it was down to one table. He crashed and burned in 10th place. He played every hand except one. No telling why he folded it. He is unaware of position and preflop raises. He is able to take many pots with "all in's" and raises or reraises that make the other players uncomfortable enough to fold. Although he seems to bet well it seems to be random and I have seen him fold a huge pot on the river to one bet when he had agressively bet PF, the flop, and the turn.

He doubles or triples up early or goes out early. Once he gets a large stack he is impossible to slow down by waiting him out.

I have described his play. My problem is that I can not find the adjustments that I need to make to slow this guy down. I also know that this is a long post but I am trying to communicate what I know about this guy. And that my failure against him is my inability to adjust to him. It is not his sucking out (even thought he does) or bad play that has me stumped. It is my fault that he gets the best of me.

I need some help with this guy. I welcome comments. I also have some hand histories if they are required.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:54 PM

Default Re: I am having problems with a calling/all in station (sort of long)

This guy is easy to take down. Wait til you flop good, and stack him.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:56 PM

I'm sort of confused but I thought there was a big difference between calling stations and maniacs/all in stations. I guess just wait for a good hand and bet it or wait for him to bet it?
Old 11-03-2006, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This guy is easy to take down. Wait til you flop good, and stack him.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not that easy. If you flop good he seems to have enough outs to draw. In other words this is what I have been trying to do.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:59 PM

It is like sometimes he is a maniac and sometimes a station and sometimes both.