Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2006, 12:38 PM

Default UB cancelled my withdrawal because my email didn\'t match my neteller

Yet they were more than happy to accept the deposit I made with the same email setup.

I really needed that withdrawal by the weekend too. Now I remember why I hate UB. Always using shady tactics like this.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:42 PM

Default Re: UB cancelled my withdrawal because my email didn\'t match my neteller

UB is just a bunch of dirtbags, I gave up on them a long time ago when they essentially robbed a ton of players.

Their site crashed a number of times freezing all of the money that was in play on cash tables and in tournaments. But did they make any effort whatsoever towards returning people's frozen funds? Of course not. I had to pull teeth to get them to give me back mine and my friend was so disgusted that he just let them keep his tourney buy-in in exchange for him never playing there again.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:47 PM

Default Re: UB cancelled my withdrawal because my email didn\'t match my neteller

I think that e-mail thing is pretty standard though aint it?
Old 11-03-2006, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yet they were more than happy to accept the deposit I made with the same email setup.

I really needed that withdrawal by the weekend too. Now I remember why I hate UB. Always using shady tactics like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like the poster above said, this is pretty standard. You can change your e-mail in the UB Account Preferences, so why don't you just do that?
Old 11-03-2006, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like the poster above said, this is pretty standard. You can change your e-mail in the UB Account Preferences, so why don't you just do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

And at Neteller.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:04 PM

See similar thread.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:09 PM

Default Re: UB cancelled my withdrawal because my email didn\'t match my netell

This isn't standard. For example, I use a different email address with Neteller than with Pokerstars, but I nevertheless have no problem withdrawing from Pokerstars to Neteller.

I haven't played at UB in a while, but when I did, I remember having to log into Neteller, change my email address there, then withdraw at UB, then go back to Neteller and change my email address again.

(I use a unique email address for each poker site so I can see if any of them give my info to spammers.)
Old 11-03-2006, 02:30 PM

i think this is pretty standard with a lot of poker sites. from what i have been told its to help reduce fraud and scams - its only for your own and their protection. this makes sense to me so i don't see the big deal.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:31 PM

People are ignoring the fact that they let him deposit just fine though. If the emails should have to match up when you withdraw then they should when you deposit as well. UB is basically saying they don't care if you put the money in illegally, but they will stop you if you try to take it out illegally
Old 11-03-2006, 03:41 PM

this goes back to the day when people didn't have tons of different emails. they just never updated their software, and think it cuts down fraud, which it probably does a little.

the bad part is it keeps friends from being able to help out with deposit bonus money. there is no reason a friend couldn't deposit for you to trigger a bonus. it would save the 1.9% transfer fee if nothing else.