Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2006, 03:19 AM

Default $225 - Hand reading is fun

I haven't been playing STTs, but since hand reading is fun, I played one to get some hands for posting. Here are all two of the hands that went to showdown before I went busto.

Hand 1.

On the first hand someone like C0-2 raised to 5bbs and the guy who is UTG in the hand below reraised to 550 from the button. Otherwise, he's been quiet. MP2 is loose. I'm not sure I knew how loose this early, but he's loose.

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1630)
UTG+1 (t1520)
Hero (t1320)
MP2 (t1680)
MP3 (t1500)
CO (t1470)
Button (t1500)
SB (t1380)
BB (t1500)

Preflop: Hero is in MP1 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">UTG raises to t120</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>, MP2 calls t120, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

Flop: (t285) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets t180</font>, MP2 calls t180

Turn: (t645) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">MP2 bets t180</font>, UTG calls t180

River: (t1005) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets t210</font>, <font color="red">MP2 raises to t1200 (All-in)</font>, UTG calls t940 (All-in)

and

Hand 2.

I think this is the CO's first raise. He was in an earlier pot where he called a button raise from the big blind and called bets on flop and turn and then he lead the river and won it.

BB in this hand kept his stack up by open limping preflop from late position and then betting 250 into a pot of 75. He's a moron and I hate him (see hand below).

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1550)
Hero (t1275)
MP1 (t3095)
MP2 (t1445)
CO (t1895)
Button (t1425)
SB (t1315)
BB (t1500)

Preflop: Hero is in UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to t100</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, BB calls t50

Flop: (t225) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
BB checks, CO checks

Turn: (t225) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
BB checks, CO checks

River: (t225) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
BB checks, CO checks

ok, 3, here's my busto hand

I am hero. Villian is a moron and I hate him. Damn the blinds go up fast on these turbos!

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t100 (8 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1870)
UTG+1 (t1500)
MP1 (t1290)
MP2 (t1600)
CO (t1475)
Hero (t1175)
SB (t3145)
BB (t1445)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with ? ?:
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="red">MP2 raises to t200</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t1175 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, MP2 calls t975

Flop: (t2500) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)

Turn: (t2500) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)

River: (t2500) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)

Everyone should grunch this. What are your thoughts on ranges?
Old 11-03-2006, 03:27 AM

Default Re: $225 - Hand reading is fun

i had a bit of trouble following this...all same villains?
Old 11-03-2006, 03:50 AM

99+,AQs+?
Old 11-03-2006, 03:52 AM

AA,KK,QQ,JJ,AKs,TT,AKo,99,AQs,88,AQo,AJs,AJo ??
Old 11-03-2006, 04:06 AM

Hand 1: UTG had Ah Kx. MP2 had 77 or 33.

Hand 2: CO had AT+. BB had any two.

Hand 3: MP2 had 22+, A7+, KT+, QT+. You probably reraised with 88+, AJs+, AQo+
Old 11-03-2006, 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i had a bit of trouble following this...all same villains?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not all same villians. One of the dudes in hand 2 is in hand 3. I folded preflop in hands 1 and 2, so there is no Hero in those.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
99+,AQs+?

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean for all three hands, for each player. Which are you talking about?
Old 11-03-2006, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AA,KK,QQ,JJ,AKs,TT,AKo,99,AQs,88,AQo,AJs,AJo ??

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you just talking about my hand in the last hand? If so, that's a good range. Also, that question is really too easy. I mean all the other hands too.

Everyone,

C'mon dudes! People are interested in hand reading, let's practice without the answers in front of us.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: UTG had Ah Kx. MP2 had 77 or 33.

Hand 2: CO had AT+. BB had any two.

Hand 3: MP2 had 22+, A7+, KT+, QT+. You probably reraised with 88+, AJs+, AQo+

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for responding the way I intended. I'll get back with the answers tomorrow. Hopefully more people will play.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:22 AM

Hand 1:

UTG: Looks like he has Ah, maybe in the form of AhAx, but also possibly AhKx or AhQx. I imagine the thought process went: "c-bet, call with a draw and good odds, bet river, call push obv". I discount the possibility that he could have a boat b/c 33, 66, and 77 all seems a little loose to be raising 4xBB with from UTG. So unless he lucked out w/ JJ... but even then I'm not sure he plays the turn like that.

MP2: The fact that he's loose obviously widens his range. In general, I'd say his overall "line" looks a lot like he also made a flush, or perhaps even a boat although again, the call on the flop + the weak turn bet makes me think it isn't a flopped set, 2 pr, etc. MP2's line actually looks a lot like a (poorly executed) bluff to me, so I'm gonna say either air or a turned flush with something like KXs.

Hand 2:

LOL.

CO: I was originally going to say 99-JJ b/c maybe a nit would play them like that on this board. But I think AK is a more likely hand. Idk, I wouldn't play a pair or AK like this, but maybe some people would. Final guess is AK.

BB: I have no clue. I'll go with something ridiculous like AA just to be fun. You did say he was a moran. AA or maybe 56. I have a feeling about those for some reason.

Heh, I mean in general, it's hard for me to put them on very exact hands since they checked down every street, but I guess that's the point. I'll be really interested to see what people say about this one.

edit - Haha, ok I just read that you wanted ranges (put that at the top next time, I supergrunched this). CO has probably a pretty tight range here, something like AT+, KQ, maybe KJ but I think it's a stretch, maybe any pair but possibly something more like 66/77+. BB has 2 cards.

Hand 3:

MP2: He's a moran so he probably has a wide range here. Like 2-face-card wide, or maybe even suited connector wide.

You: I'd need a pretty big hand to push over a really bad player b/c they rarely fold pretty cards. So I'm gonna guess AK for you and just to be fun, I'll guess villain had QJ.