Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2006, 04:17 PM

Default Stats for Showdown Monkeys

I want to identify people who showdown too much, who would be good candidates against whom to showdown marginal hands, so I've been trying to figure out a good way to calculate this.

My Went to Showdown rate is 35% (with 60% Won $ at Showdown). So I figured I would try filtering for >= 40% but that fit over half the people in the database (which made me wonder if I should be showing down > 35% of my hands). Then I tried:

Went to Showdown >= 50%; 30% of the people in my database met the criterea (I play $1/$2)

Then I filtered for Won $ at Showdown:

Went to Showdown >= 50% AND Won $ at Showdown <=50%; 15% of the people in my database met the criterea.

These seem to be people worth showing down with marginal hands.

Then I wanted to filter these into people who bet and showed down, and people who called and showed down, so I filtered for AF >=1.5

Went to Showdown >= 45% AND Won $ at Showdown <=50% AND AF>=1.5; 6% of the people in my database met the criterea

Went to Showdown >= 45% AND Won $ at Showdown <=50% AND AF<1.5; 9% of the people in my database met the criterea.

Do these seem like reasonable stats to put someone on being a showdown monkey, and show down more hands against them? Anyone else have better filters or suggestions?
Old 11-02-2006, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Stats for Showdown Monkeys

so 15% of the people in your database go to showdown over 50% of the time AND win at showdown more than 50% of the time? If they are then they're cheating.

I think you need more data here, but I would just say if you have over 50 hands on a person and their WTSD is >50 then they're a showdown monkey, so bet away.

Also, anyone seeing a showdown over even 40% of the time will not win 50% of their showdowns in the long term, (unless they have a VPIP of like 5) so you don't really need that for your criteria.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:56 PM

$ won at showdown is < 50%
Old 11-02-2006, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My Went to Showdown rate is 35% (with 60% Won $ at Showdown).

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Enjoy the run. The only WtSD number that matters is yours. Loose players tend to showdown more, so it follows you will showdown more against them than you will against tight players.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

My Went to Showdown rate is 35% (with 60% Won $ at Showdown).

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Enjoy the run.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, that won't last.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:41 PM

Went to showdown of 33-38% are considered as normal. Some good players may even have more (almost 40%) especially if they're playing 5-max or so. Went to showdown tends to vary a lot in short term so I think you should use at least 100 hands before you filter them and even then use extremely large values like 50%. If you have a sample size like 500 hands and went to showdown is 45% I think it's safe to showdown more hands against him. I don't think that won$atSD value really matters there.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:57 PM

Anyone who has a showdown over 40% at limits up to 5/10 is showing down to much IMO.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:05 PM

But i won 7 BB/100 over my last 2k hands at 3/6 6max playing 36/25 and showing down 40.14% of the time.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:19 PM

Running good is steroids for showdownstats.