Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2006, 10:41 PM

Default (25NL) Three hands in big pots I\'d like feedback on...

If y'all could just give me your feedback on my line for each hand, I'd appreciate it. I'll give reads, etc., when I have them, but PokerAce was acting goofy on one table, so I am a little light there.

At the first table, I haven't been there long enough to establish an image. At the other two, I'm probably seen as sort of LAGgy (30/10/3.9) and very aggressive post-flop.

First hand:

Reads: I really don't have any. I've only been sitting at this table for a few hands.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG+1 ($31.10)
MP1 ($25)
MP2 ($18.50)
MP3 ($24.35)
CO ($24.15)
Button ($17.40)
Hero ($23.65)
BB ($14.75)
UTG ($19.75)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.65, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $22.9</font>

Hand Two:

Reads: UTG+1 is a donk. BB has been pretty TAG and he seems to be pretty aggressive after the flop. PokerAce was acting up, so I don't have any real stats. He doesn't play a whole lot of hands, though.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($41.25)
UTG ($32.35)
UTG+1 ($5.05)
MP1 ($15.40)
MP2 ($25.40)
MP3 ($30.95)
CO ($24.30)
Button ($9.80)
Hero ($60.40)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.75) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets $0.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, BB calls $1.50, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: ($4.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $58.65</font>

Hand three:

Reads: MP1 is 14/6/1.6 after 100 hands.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, MP1 calls, 2 folds, Hero calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $3.5</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $12</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises all-in $44.65</font>, Hero calls.

Thanks in advance for your feedback. Don't be shy, I can take it.

JoshNjuice
Old 11-01-2006, 10:46 PM

Default Re: (25NL) Three hands in big pots I\'d like feedback on...

Hand 1: Not bad... with 2 other people in the pot though, I'd probably just keep them in. Maybe. I dunno. Actually it's OK.

Hand 2: Make you flop raise pot-sized and re-evaluate.

Hand 3: stack sizes??? If you cover villain then it looks like you're pretty deep and I'd just call his flop raise because with a big draw you want to be the one pushing it in.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:56 PM

I think you played 1 and 3 ok. As for 2 I like a flop lead but since you go for a C/R at least raise at least make it like $3 or something there are alot of bad turn cards that can kill you action or your hand. As played I would be a little worried about getting top 2 allin on that board with 160bbs against an opponent you say is competent. Oops i thought he put in the 3rd bet but still I think if you get called here you are going to be behind.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Not bad... with 2 other people in the pot though, I'd probably just keep them in. Maybe. I dunno. Actually it's OK.

Hand 2: Make you flop raise pot-sized and re-evaluate.

Hand 3: stack sizes??? If you cover villain then it looks like you're pretty deep and I'd just call his flop raise because with a big draw you want to be the one pushing it in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 3, stack sizes were something like me, $50, him $48 or maybe a little smaller. I agree that I "want" to be the one pushing, but I prefer to get all my chips in when I know I still have to cards to come with my huge draw... if I just call and brick the turn, then I feel much less comfortable getting all-in. But maybe my thinking is flawed here... Anyway, I'd like to be pushing, but I don't mind calling either.

JoshNjuice
Old 11-02-2006, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you played 1 and 3 ok. As for 2 I like a flop lead but since you go for a C/R at least raise at least make it like $3 or something there are alot of bad turn cards that can kill you action or your hand. As played I would be a little worried about getting top 2 allin on that board with 160bbs against an opponent you say is competent. Oops i thought he put in the 3rd bet but still I think if you get called here you are going to be behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with most of what you said. The reason I min-check-raised is that the donk in UTG+1 was making little bets at almost every hand. I wanted to suck him in with his A9o or whatever junk he was playing. I think I erred by not realizing that the BB floated my check-raise. Really, the problem was PokerAce wasn't working on this table and I hadn't been paying a lot of attention (I was 3-tabling) to him. I thought he was more aggro than he actually was, so I didn't give him enough credit when he floated my c/r on the flop and raised me on the turn. I pushed the turn because I was OOP and didn't want to let him draw too cheaply. I'm still not sure I played the hand wrong so much as I played the opponent wrong. I'd like to hear other thoughts if anyone has any.

Thanks for your feedback

JoshNjuice
Old 11-02-2006, 01:02 AM

hand 2 the turn shove is really bad, he coldcalled two bets on the flop and raised the turn, top two probably isn't good. ugh especially with your read

hand 1 the convertor is messed up
Old 11-02-2006, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 2 the turn shove is really bad, he coldcalled two bets on the flop and raised the turn, top two probably isn't good. ugh especially with your read

hand 1 the convertor is messed up

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I think we made posts about the same time saying the same thing: he cold-called a check-raise on the flop... that should've worried me. Honestly, it was the texture of the board that got me. I was trying to think of what he would've had that beat me, and the only options were a set or a straight. I figured if he had a set (I'm presuming he had a hand on the flop), he would've raised pre-flop with any of those hands (QQ, TT, 88) and may've raised the flop. Literally the only other hand I was worried about was J9. But there were a lot of hands I could beat--KQ, QJ, Q8, Q5, T8--that he might play the same way.

JoshNjuice
Old 11-02-2006, 01:27 AM

the villain is taggish, so i'll assume that means not retarded. Any hand that makes two pair on the turn he would've folded on the flop, and he is never calling ai with qj or kq or even aq if you shove the turn (unless he is kind of retarded). these hands also usually don't take the type of linke villain took