Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2006, 11:15 AM

Default Cpu freezes for few secs and makes d/c sound all the time

I downloaded DirectX 9 on monday from microsofts page, because the new betfair poker required it. The whole download process went fine and the betfair software began working after installing DirectX 9.
The problems began on tuesday morning when I restarted the computer first time after installing the DX.

What happens is my mouse freezes for few secs, the time varies somewhere between 3 and 20 secs, when it freezes up I get the same sound as when I pull of my internet wire and when it starts working again I get the same sound as when I plug the wire. So I would think it has something to do with the internet, but all the pokersoftwares etc work normally even when the mouse freezes.
Also I checked the internet box(btw we have WLAN but i doubt it has anything to di wht this) and it should be fine.

Second option I considered was some virus, but F-secure didint find anything and neither did the spyware search. Also I removed all kinds of stuff to free up some space on my hardwire, but it didint do anything.

So getting kind of desperate with this stuff.
It snowed first time this fall yesterday and was otherwise very [censored] weather, but I don't know how it could have anything to do with this.

So if anyone has any ideas what this could all be about I would appreciate hearing them.

I havent tried uninstalling DirectX 9 because I dont know how to do it.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Cpu freezes for few secs and makes d/c sound all the time

What are your system specs?

The only thing that comes to mind from what you have described is the possibility that DirectX 9 requires better hardware than 7...

This is just a stab in the dark, but if you haven't missed anything from your story it seems liek the most possible cause.