Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2006, 10:25 AM

Default If Michigan loses and plays for the Nat\'l Championship its crap.

If that happens they will have to implement the playoff structure. It doesn't have to be 16 teams. It can be 4 teams, 2 games.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:30 AM

Default Re: If Michigan loses and plays for the Nat\'l Championship its crap.

If everyone ends up with 1 loss but OSU, it would seem to me that either Michigan or Texas should play in the championship.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:37 AM

I hate the "whoever loses first, loses the least" argument. It makes no sense yet, people still stand by it. It shows a lack of long term memory skills.

Who you lose to is more important than when you lose IMO
Old 11-01-2006, 10:53 AM

Why?

Whoever appears to be the #2 team should play OSU. If at the end of it all, Michigan gives the appearance of being the #2 team, they should go, even if they did lose to OSU. There's no "you had your shot now give someone else a try" rule: if they're number 2 they're number 2.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why?

Whoever appears to be the #2 team should play OSU. If at the end of it all, Michigan gives the appearance of being the #2 team, they should go, even if they did lose to OSU. There's no "you had your shot now give someone else a try" rule: if they're number 2 they're number 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya i hate the what have you done for me lately thing. If you lose at the beginning you are ok

If WV wins tomorrow night and then runs the table and doesn't get it its dumb. I'm not a WV fan. But an undefeated team should be in. Hell, Rutgers and Louisville didn't do anything wrong. Michigan Beat NW by 14 last week at home.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya i hate the what have you done for me lately thing. If you lose at the beginning you are ok

If WV wins tomorrow night and then runs the table and doesn't get it its dumb. I'm not a WV fan. But an undefeated team should be in. Hell, Rutgers and Louisville didn't do anything wrong. Michigan Beat NW by 14 last week at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't completely buy that any unbeaten should be in over a 1-loss team, but I think this is generally true. And the ultimate Big East champ, if unbeaten, will have played a good enough schedule, so let them in.

I'm not sure what your last sentence has to do with anything else you said. As it is, weather was atrocious, injuries, and all that, but it was still a terrible offensive performance. They happen. It still wasn't close; NW couldn't move that ball.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If everyone ends up with 1 loss but OSU, it would seem to me that either Michigan or Texas should play in the championship.

[/ QUOTE ]

Texas ... come on. They're terribly overrated. They've accomplished less to this point than the 3 SEC 1-loss schools, USC, and Cal.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:35 AM

michigan and ohio state are CLEARLY the best 2 teams in the country....if ohio state simply squeaks by michigan (at ohio state no less), why would that mean that Michigan isnt the #2 team? your argument makes no sense
Old 11-01-2006, 11:38 AM

hahahaha you guys can enjoy toddy's quality threads now that he's exiled from OOT, have fun
Old 11-01-2006, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hahahaha you guys can enjoy toddy's quality threads now that he's exiled from OOT, have fun

[/ QUOTE ]

?? what is that supposed to mean? Why do the mods always chime in and not talk about the topic at hand