Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: I've never given a reach-around to a spider monkey while reciting the Pledge of Allegiance
Drink 22 55.00%
Don't Drink 18 45.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2006, 08:17 AM

Default American Beauty

i used to think this movie was really great. i hadnt seen it in about a year, and watching it again, i still thought it was OK, but alot of the dialouge is very unrealistic. For instance, Kevin Spacey saying "My wife is probably out [censored] the dorky prince of real estate" why would he ever say that in that situation? the samething w/ the Ricky Fitts character, where the ef did he get G-13 government enginneered pot? His character just seems unrealistic. i still think the KS/AB make the movie great. There are some very funny scense like AB w/ her legs up in the air in the motel. ***/*****
Old 11-01-2006, 08:22 AM

Default Re: American Beauty

I still love this movie. Whenever someone asks me what my favorite movie is, this one always pops into my head. In reality, it's probably not even in my top 10, but for some reason it is always the first movie I think of.

[ QUOTE ]

There are some very funny scense like AB w/ her legs up in the air in the motel.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason, I always found that scene incredibly sexy.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2006, 12:43 PM

I think this is one of the worst films ever. Not just bad, but predictably bad. Oh, you mean GayNaziDad is going to shoot someone at the end? What a surprise!
Old 11-01-2006, 12:47 PM

Did anyone else find the price of that gov pot to be WAY to high for the amount that he got?
Old 11-01-2006, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone else find the price of that gov pot to be WAY to high for the amount that he got?

[/ QUOTE ]

how much was it?
Old 11-01-2006, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how much was it?

[/ QUOTE ]
$2000 for an O
Old 11-01-2006, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how much was it?

[/ QUOTE ]
$2000 for an O

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa
Old 11-01-2006, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i used to think this movie was really great. i hadnt seen it in about a year, and watching it again, i still thought it was OK, but alot of the dialouge is very unrealistic. For instance, Kevin Spacey saying "My wife is probably out [censored] the dorky prince of real estate" why would he ever say that in that situation? the samething w/ the Ricky Fitts character, where the ef did he get G-13 government enginneered pot? His character just seems unrealistic. i still think the KS/AB make the movie great. There are some very funny scense like AB w/ her legs up in the air in the motel. ***/*****

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought the Gov't engineered weed was a bit unrealistic, price too high anyway, etc.

Everything else works for me though - KS says "My wife is probably out [censored] the dorky prince of real estate" because it is the first honest thought to enter his head, and he has no reason to lie...

Ricky Fitz character seems slightly unrealistic at times, but only because I don't really know anyone like that in real life - I find him still believable.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:07 PM

I thought it was one of the best movies I'd ever seen until the Three's Company-esque ending. WTF?

Anyway, still very good.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:08 PM

The dialogue in 99% movies is unrealistic compared to how people talk in real life. At least American Beauty is funny.