Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2006, 05:38 PM

Default 11/4 movie lines

Borat is listed at 12 million with +145 on the over. I looooove the over here, someone help me pls.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:41 PM

Default Re: 11/4 movie lines

Wow ... kind of surprised at how low it is and the odds. But I don't know a thing about movie lines. Is there something big coming out this weekend for competition? That's the only thing I can think of. This things been advertised like crazy and I'd expect it to be a bit of a hit as a date movie or just something for teenagers to do.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:48 PM

See my other thread on Borat.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
See my other thread on Borat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense. Like I said, I don't know anything about movie lines.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:02 PM

ZOMG WTF 800 theaters? ?????

I've seen so many commercials for it, and the previews for it in theaters get so many laughs and "oh my god gotta see that." I can't believe 800 theaters.

I AM BUSTO.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:56 AM

Why is Borat line going crazy on a hourly basis on Pinnacle? What do you guys think about Santa Clause 3 and Flushed Out. Judging by stats, both seem worthy of betting for the over. any suggestions?
Old 11-01-2006, 05:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is Borat line going crazy on a hourly basis on Pinnacle? What do you guys think about Santa Clause 3 and Flushed Out. Judging by stats, both seem worthy of betting for the over. any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't it seem early for a Christmas movie?

Both of these movies look like stinkers to me, but then again, I'm certainly not their target audience.

I'm pretty sure either one or the other goes over, but not both. They're both aimed at kids, for the most part, though I could see how the animated films are geared towards adults to an extent as well. What they both have going for them is that they get 5 showings in each day, they get a lot more action on matinee showings than a movie like Borat would, and they both have huge screen openings.

It's just a question of how much family movie money there is to go around.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:47 PM

These Santa Clause movies seem to put assess in the seats, and although it obviously won't do as well as Santa clause 2, i think its going to pass 23 mill, but it will be close. Flushed Out, to me, seems like a lock. These movies always do well, this one shouldn't be an exception. Then again, I am probably on tilt from betting Borat on the over before looking at theater numbers.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These Santa Clause movies seem to put assess in the seats, and although it obviously won't do as well as Santa clause 2, i think its going to pass 23 mill, but it will be close. Flushed Out, to me, seems like a lock. These movies always do well, this one shouldn't be an exception. Then again, I am probably on tilt from betting Borat on the over before looking at theater numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm on super mega tilt. I bet hard on the over, and now have a negative arb. I break even if under 11m, kill myself if 11-12 and win if it goes over 12. I think under 11 is more likely than over 12, but I can't hedge any more to under 11, as that further increases the devastation if it hits the middle. I know it's coming 11.9, and I will seriously be sick.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:00 PM

i'm on tilt the other way. i don't believe that borat can do so poorly. critics love it, people are excited about it. i've heard people talking about the movie for months now, nonstop. 1500 per theater is rough, but doable for a movie as exciting as this one. also, theaters may get added later in the week. i'm buying a few overs here. i'm willing to mash it up on this movie, and won't feel so dumb if it's all jackassed away.