Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2006, 03:34 AM

Default flop play AJ in cutoff

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.05.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 15.20 BB
My question is my action on the flop. BB very very lose should I raise fold, or call
I picked call but wish to hear what others think
Old 10-31-2006, 04:43 AM

Default Re: flop play AJ in cutoff

It is a tough hand and you can loose it in a lot of ways. The buttons preflopraise indicates a stronghand unless he suspects you for stealing both the blinds and the forced bet.
I probably would fold here but if you play you should test the button with a raise and try and knock him out. If you knock him out you may only worry about the flush but that is a whole lot to worry about anyway. So I think a fold is ok despite of the potsize.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:04 AM

BB's donk indicates top pair at least so, I'd count
2 out for jacks. Aces will be reverse outs (and A of clubs is certainly not out for you, I think you could count 1 out for aces most), so I'd count them 0-1 outs. So 2-3 outs @ 14,4:1. It's close to correct call, but not enough.

I agree with Saikkonen and would fold this and save money for a better equity.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:26 AM

An ugly flop. You're getting 14 to 1 now with about 3 outs (the Ac will probably make a flush somewhere), so you can call this and hope you'll get to see the turn for 1 SB.

I think I fold though, you're beaten in so many ways here with marginal pot odds.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:08 AM

i would be interested to see some more comments on this hand.

here are my thoughts...

im thinking fold. the bb has come out betting on a scary board after a 3-bet pf. plus the pf 3-bettor is yet to act.

if you are infront there are lots of cards that will kill you on the turn. i think if you were closing the action you could call one bet here comfortably, but with the pf agressor behind you its dangerous.

if you are behind, you are drawing pretty slim. your jacks are maybe ok. but thats about it.

this is a big pot, so i want to stick around, but the only way you could justify that is by raising in some sort of attempt to fold the button. but given his pf action, this is unlikely. there are so many of his holdings that will call two bets on this flop. AK obviously plus nearly any pp he would 3-bet pf that contains a club. infact the only thing i could see him folding are things AQs with no clubs and QQ with no clubs

this sux. fold.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:36 AM

My first thought is to fold. Even if I'm beating BB, I'm probably behind or chopping with button. I'm also desperate for no one to have a club because if they do, even if I do turn a jack and I'm ahead, they have nine outs to redraw on me, which devalues the jack outs a fair bit. The two nonclub ace outs are possibly worth something but we only know that because we've seen the action behind us. At the decision point, I'm folding because button is still to act and while I don't mind calling one bet, I don't want to have to call more.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:03 AM

I fold this hand. BB is not afraid of my raise or buttons 3bet even with a K on the board, the board is flushed giving some nice draws or even made hands, and button is yet to act.