Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2006, 09:33 AM

Default PokerStars FPP discussion

I occasionally see questions about PS FPPs, so I thought I'd try to get a discussion going.

For the following limits, I calculated the following FPP/hand:
30/60 FL FR: 1.60 FPP/hand
10/20 FL SH: 1.51 FPP/hand
2/4 NL SH: 0.86 FPP/hand

To do so, I used the following SQL queries. We need the following: the number of hands that earn 1 FPP, the number of hands that earn 2 FPPs, and the total number of hands.

select count(*) from game where game_level_id = GAMEID and rake >= FPP1 and rake < FPP2
select count(*) from game where game_level_id = GAMEID and rake >= FPP2
select count(*) from game where game_level_id = GAMEID

Where GAMEID is the "game_level_id" column in the table "game_level" for the particular stakes you want, FPP1 is the cutoff for the first FPP, and FPP2 is the cutoff for the second FPP. That information can be found at http://www.pokerstars.com/fpp/ .

For example:
For 30/60 FL FR, FPP1 = 1 and FPP2 = 3.
For 10/20 FL SH, FPP1 = 1 and FPP2 = 2.
For 2/4 NL SH, FPP1 = 0.40 and FPP2 = 2.

Once you have those numbers, let's call them A, B, C. Then the FPP/hand = (A + 2 * B) / C

I know there are players out there (including myself), who would just prefer cash to getting electronics or whatnot that we never plan to use.

So, here are some comparisons for different $/FPP ratios:
Ipod: $300 / 26,000 = $0.0115/FPP
Goldstar VIP reward bonus: $285 / 25,000 = $0.0114/FPP
Platinumstar VIP reward bonus: $650 / 50,000 = $0.0130/FPP
Supernova VIP reward bonus: $1,500 / 100,000 = $0.0150/FPP

I picked the Ipod because it's generally an easy item to sell. They go for a little higher than $300 on Ebay, I believe. If someone knows of a better item to convert FPPs to cash, please post it. I was also hoping people could post FPP/hand calculations for other stakes as well (preferably with a decent sample size).
Old 10-30-2006, 11:27 AM

Default Re: PokerStars FPP discussion

Shouldn't FPP1 = 1 for 2/4 NL?
Old 10-30-2006, 04:53 PM

I think the best deal is the Aston Martin. Easily.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:28 PM

so for 2/4 6max nl i get .86 * 80 hands/hr * .015 $/fpp at super nova = $1.03 / table-hour. i really don't think it's that low.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:36 PM

You need to take into consideration the fact that you have to work up to supernova level. 100k fpp takes a while...
Old 10-30-2006, 05:48 PM

Dont forget you need to work off those awards with more FPP.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But don't you get to keep these fpps? Or do you have to clear the bonus while gaining no fpps?
Old 10-30-2006, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But don't you get to keep these fpps? Or do you have to clear the bonus while gaining no fpps?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just finished one, I did get points and they're still in my account after it's done.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shouldn't FPP1 = 1 for 2/4 NL?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I read the page incorrectly. The correct FPP/hand for 2/4 NL 6-max should be 0.69 FPP/hand.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:59 PM

To anyone who wants to figure out the FPP/hand for a given level, but doesn't know how to use SQL, here are some more detailed instructions:

First of all, you need to be using PostgreSQL. If you're using Access databases, then I don't really know how to work with those. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then it's likely that you're not using PostgreSQL.

But to be sure, you can go into Poker Tracker > File > Maintain Database Names. In that window, you will see a column labelled "Type". Under it, next to your database, it will either say "Access" or "PGSQL".

Ok, assuming that you are using PostgreSQL, go to the Start menu (in Windows, not Poker Tracker). Start > All Programs > PostgreSQL 8.0 > pgAdmin III.

Now that you've opened pgAdmin, double click "PostgreSQL Database Server 8.0" on the left side. You may have to enter a password, which would be the one you entered at the time you installed PostgreSQL. Then go to "Databases" and select the database with the hands you want to check.

Now, click on the SQL button (with a pencil) at the top. In the new box that pops up, copy and paste the following in there, and hit F5:

select * from game_level

You should see the first two columns "game_level_id" and "game_level_desc" (ignore the column "Row"). Find the specific stakes under the 2nd column, and then find the corresponding number under the first column. This number will be GAMEID. Now go to http://www.pokerstars.com/fpp/ and find out at when you gain the first FPP and when you gain the second FPP, in terms of rake. For example, 1/2 NL 6-max, it would be at $0.40 and $2.00. Those numbers will be FPP1 and FPP2.

Now, in the same window that you ran the SQL query earlier, run the following query (replacing GAMEID, FPP1, and FPP2 with their respective values). Copy/paste the following, and then hit F5:

select (select count(*) from game where game_level_id = GAMEID and rake >= FPP1 and rake < FPP2) as A,
(select count(*) from game where game_level_id = GAMEID and rake >= FPP2) as B,
(select count(*) from game where game_level_id = GAMEID) as C

This will return three numbers, A B C. To calculate the FPP/hand, enter (A + 2B) / C into a calculator, and you're done.