Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2006, 05:16 AM

Default The Infamous button

I have been playing limit online now for a whole of two days, and stillhave 1 general question about the button.
The certain hands to raise with , and also which varitey's of hand to call from the button to use the position,also since it is hard to float in these lower limit ring games

thanks all
Old 10-30-2006, 06:14 AM

Default Re: The Infamous button

Read Small Stakes Hold'em by Miller, Sklansky, and Malmuth.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:23 AM

Just got the book actually, i heard it will increase your winnings alot, and your knowledge will be great after it
Old 10-30-2006, 10:56 AM

it's a great book. it's covered in the book but if you're also unsure as to what a "normal" starting hand range is there are some charts on this site somewhere that give you an idea of what to play until you get comfortable. hopefully someone can link them, or search for "starting hand chart" or "starting hands" or something like that in the search function?

good luck
bbb
Old 10-30-2006, 03:49 PM

This is a pretty substantial question to answer, as there are many factors that would affect how/what you can play on the button (your hole cards, #players in, unraised/raised/3bet, how players play).

Just one example, if I hold 55 OTB:
* if a CO LAG open-raises, I would reraise often, especially with tight blinds.
* if there are 3+ limpers, I would limp along.
* if there was one early position limper, I would probably just toss it, as I don't have implied odds to hit a set.

also how villains play post-flop should be considered as well, in the above plays.

Buzz
Old 10-30-2006, 04:44 PM

I feel that this question can only be answered with experience. LOTS of experience. Playing limit for two whole days is not lots of experience. In the meantime, as others have mentioned, find a starting hand chart or use the one from SSHE and play according to that. If you haven't done so, purchase PokerTracker (this is a necessity) and a HUD (PokerAce is a good one, but this is optional until you can understand what the stats imply).

Also, look for hands OTB that you have questions about and post them here along with the stats of those involved in the hand. The replys that you get from posting hands will go along way toward answering your question for you.