Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2006, 01:44 AM

Default The second thing I learned today

I'm using Firefox with the google tool bar. there's a SpellChecker on the bar. I thought it was just for e-mail. Out of curiosity I tried it in the Post Reply text box. It works there, too.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who didn't already know this.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:57 AM

Default Re: The second thing I learned today

I have a spell checker
It came with my PC
It plane lee marks four my revue
Miss steaks aye can knot see
Eye ran this poem threw it
Your sure real glad two no
Its very polished in its own weigh
My chequer tolled me sew

A checker is a blessing
It freeze yew lodes of thyme
It helps me right awl stiles two reed
And aides me when aye rime

Now spilling does not phase me
It does knot bring a tier
My pay purrs awl due glad den
With wrapped words fare as hear

To rite with care is quite a feet
Of witch won should be proud
And wee mussed dew the best wee can
Sew flaws are knot aloud

So ewe can sea why aye dew prays
Such soft wear four pea seas
And why eye brake in two averse
Buy righting want to please
Old 01-31-2006, 03:04 AM

And, you evidently do not know how to use it. Would you like lessons? I'm sure it's like the assorted SpellCheck apps I also have in the various progs located on my hard drive(s).

Spell checkers are an example of the "open architecture" aspect of Windows-based progs. The "open architecture" idea was a smart piece of marketing on the part of the MicroSoft folks. By offering off-the-shelf apps, folks were encouraged to write Windows-based progs. They didn't have to continually re-invent the wheel, so to speak.

I've always considered these apps to be like a common thread woven within Windows-based progs and a terrific assist in intuitively maneuvering around a new prog.

I also, on occasion, will write a reply to a post in my primary word processing prog and then, thru the use of the old DOS commands, Ctl+A, Ctl+C, copy and then paste (via Ctl+V) my reply in the reply text box.

My accidental discovery tonight, though not worthy of a cable news program "crawl," to be sure, was, I thought, worthy of sharing. I thought, perhaps naively, it might be of interest to others. Apparently you are not interested. Thank you for taking the time to let me know. I'm quite certain a person of your obvious intellect can understand though, when I say I could not possibly care one whit less.

If your reply was intended as humor, meh. But don't take offense, please. Our ideas of humor simply don't mesh. I can/do appreciate the effort you expended.

<ul type="square"> [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img][/list]
Old 01-31-2006, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And, you evidently do not know how to use it. Would you like lessons? I'm sure it's like the assorted SpellCheck apps I also have in the various progs located on my hard drive(s).

Spell checkers are an example of the "open architecture" aspect of Windows-based progs. The "open architecture" idea was a smart piece of marketing on the part of the MicroSoft folks. By offering off-the-shelf apps, folks were encouraged to write Windows-based progs. They didn't have to continually re-invent the wheel, so to speak.

I've always considered these apps to be like a common thread woven within Windows-based progs and a terrific assist in intuitively maneuvering around a new prog.

I also, on occasion, will write a reply to a post in my primary word processing prog and then, thru the use of the old DOS commands, Ctl+A, Ctl+C, copy and then paste (via Ctl+V) my reply in the reply text box.

My accidental discovery tonight, though not worthy of a cable news program "crawl," to be sure, was, I thought, worthy of sharing. I thought, perhaps naively, it might be of interest to others. Apparently you are not interested. Thank you for taking the time to let me know. I'm quite certain a person of your obvious intellect can understand though, when I say I could not possibly care one whit less.

If your reply was intended as humor, meh. But don't take offense, please. Our ideas of humor simply don't mesh. I can/do appreciate the effort you expended.

<ul type="square"> [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img][/list]
[/ QUOTE ]lol