Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2006, 10:59 PM

Default Cashing out after Receiving a Transfer.

I know pokersites have different policies regarding cashing out after receiving a transfer. Usually, if you play a certain amount before cashing out, you will not have a problem.

These rooms, I know you cannot cashout a Transfer unless you give them ample action...
-Party Poker (pre-internet law when transfers were actually allowed)
-Ultimate Bet

From my experience from Pokerstars, I think you can cashout right away after receiving a transfer without putting it into play. Can anyone else verify this?

I was wondering what the procedures were for Full Tilt, in regards to cashing out after receiving a transfer. I receive transfers from my affiliate and from friends that I loaned money/staked, but I don't generally play there that much. I also prefer Full Tilt because the cashout speed is the best out of the sites listed above...almost comparable to Party, before they pulled the plug.

I remember my friend needed to cash out immediately so he transferred me the money on UB, since they take 2-4 days to cashout. I gave him the money in person, but when I tried to cash it out, the cashout was not honored because of possible money laundering. I had no problem cashing out after playing there a few days, but I found it alittle inconvenient.

Could people give me your experiences regarding cashing out after receiving a transfer on different sites, especially Pokerstars and Full Tilt?
Old 10-29-2006, 11:07 PM

Default Re: Cashing out after Receiving a Transfer.

This is fine on Full Tilt, it is not on stars. Stars wants some action before you cash out.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is fine on Full Tilt, it is not on stars. Stars wants some action before you cash out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not always true, I've received a number of transfers from a friend, which I've immediately cashed out at Stars. I think they've allowed this because the friend who transferred the cash is a high volume player, and that money had already done the rounds a number of times in his account before it was transferred to mine.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:05 AM

I tried a test of $100 cash out on full tilt out of the $500 sent from my affiliate and it cashed out fine with no problems.

I received a $2000 transfer on stars and do not really have intentions of playing with it before I cashed out. I checked this thread before doing anything and I did play a few rounds of low limit 2-4 HORSE just to be safe. I did transfer $2000 a month ago and received the same amount yesterday from the same person. I'm not exactly sure what poker stars is looking for when determining if it's acceptable or not but hopefully, i won't be much of a problem.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:48 AM

1 once got blocked by stars when i tried to cash out $500 from a transfer with no cover play.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1 once got blocked by stars when i tried to cash out $500 from a transfer with no cover play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand.

Are you leaving your account at close to zero after the transfer? I've never had trouble making withdrawls after transfers, but the transfers are usually only a fraction of my account balance.

If I ran a poker site, I'd also want to investigate a low volume/balance account that suddenly recieved a large transfer and wanted to cash out right away. This IMO would provide a measure of security for the account from which the funds were transferred.

Edit: I play primarily at Stars, and my opinions stem from my experience there.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is ridiculous.