Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2006, 01:27 AM

Default Almost every street\'s questionable...

It's about my fifth hand at the table so I'm almost readless. I saw SB open-limp AJo a few hands ago from UTG, so I'm unimpressed with him, but that's it.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, MP calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, MP calls.

River: (7 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero pukes in his mouth and...

Anyone like a raise preflop (or a fold)? Raise the flop for a free card, or fold getting only 5:1? Turn seems like the only clear-cut decision...
Old 01-31-2006, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Almost every street\'s questionable...

That's a pretty easy check behind. I like the first three streets.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:41 AM

I might raise the flop and take a free turn, otherwise its not too bad, Im not betting that river
Old 01-31-2006, 01:44 AM

I raise this preflop every time. Button with JTs is worth a raise. There is a ton of ways the flop can hit you and even if the flop misses, you can often get them to fold on the flop.

I raise the flop.

I check the river.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise this preflop every time. Button with JTs is worth a raise. There is a ton of ways the flop can hit you and even if the flop misses, you can often get them to fold on the flop.

I raise the flop.

I check the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly how I play it
Old 01-31-2006, 03:22 AM

I think raising the flop sucks. We're isolating ourselves with an okay draw, but the pot is so damn small. No need to go apeshit yet to maximize our chances of winning.

Given your lack of reads on anyone, I don't mind the limp. The more terrible UTG is the more inclined I am to raise JTs preflop.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:22 AM

First three streets are standard. I'm not sure how people are considering a flop raise, seems a good way to gift MP the pot if you both miss your draws and you're knocking out the blinds. pot is small etc.
As it played out I like a value-bet on the river, you get paid alot.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like this, because just as often as you'll get paid off by trips, you've got a flush drawer. His postflop play could really indicate either (Q or flush draw), so 50% of the time you're getting 1 bet and the other times you're getting check/raised and losing 2. Maybe someone has another opinion on how often he has one hand or the other, but that's how I'm looking at it.

-eric
Old 01-31-2006, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like this, because just as often as you'll get paid off by trips, you've got a flush drawer. His postflop play could really indicate either (Q or flush draw), so 50% of the time you're getting 1 bet and the other times you're getting check/raised and losing 2. Maybe someone has another opinion on how often he has one hand or the other, but that's how I'm looking at it.

-eric

[/ QUOTE ]

We're folding to a check-raise, so it doesn't cost us 2 bets.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:14 AM

I have noticed a few pots recently where I would have folded the winning hand had I not called the bluff check-raise or the bluffraise on the river by a ridiculous missed hand.

Not saying that this necessarily indicates something, but I'm suggesting that it may be wrong to fold to a raise on the river vs. an unknown especially when you can check behind.