Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2006, 10:04 PM

Default Scott Huff\'s Podcasts

Scott Huff's new podcast with Joe Stapleton is pretty funny. Just thought I'd see what others thought of 'em or, if nobody is listening to them, then I'd recommend them.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Scott Huff\'s Podcasts

what does he talk about?
Old 10-28-2006, 10:13 PM

Not much poker. Probly should have mentioned more of that. He goes on rants sorta like a Seinfeld mixed with George Carlin/Dennis Miller. They do different segments like a movie trailer review, movie review...something about sports betting like "Degenerates Corner" or somethin like that.

I know in his 4th one he goes on a rant about airplane security and this guy that tried to open the emergency door. Basically if you like rants I think it'd be very enjoyable.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:46 AM

I would just like to say thanks to everyone over here on the 2+2 forums. I never really had a chance to shout you all out, but your candid feedback to the show in these forums helped to shape the content of "The Circuit" tremendously.

Some of you could be pretty damn harsh at times, but you are the die hard fans of the game, and those of you who gave constructive criticism really did me a great service.

I never posted a whole lot during my time with CP, but I have been a member of this forum since my senior year in college, 4 years ago.

Thanks again. And to the guy who posted the pictures of my sister and my girlfriend. Don't worry. Revenge is a dish best served cold. I'm keeping it in my twin Sub Zs right now.

-Scott
Old 10-29-2006, 06:02 AM

I hear he quit The Cicuit from a friend of mine who is obsessed with The Circuit (listened to them religiously, bought their tshirts, even his msn display picture was a picture of the circuit crew) so I'm guessing it's true. If so, that sucks. I dislike Joe Sebok (to keep it short he comes off as the epitomy of a poser and seems to think his opinion is fact) but Scott Huff and Gavin Smith were great. I especially liked the new "Don Key" segment, that was hilarious.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:32 PM

Even though the show was very popular, Scott probably knew it was losing some steam. The beginning shows were solidly entertaining and the novelty really attracted poker fans. But to a point, you can only bring on Phil Hellmuth so many times; and fans probably weren't all that interested in listening to another 21 year old online poker pro.

I'm not sure Scott will reveal his true reasons for leaving the show. He probably has bigger and better options lined up, which made leaving easier. Though, I didn't listen to all the shows, I enjoyed checking on who was the next guest. In addition, when the World Series comes along it will be hard to replace that insight. Perhaps, this is just a reflection of the downfall of the poker industry, coming on the heels of the anti-gaming legislation. Cardplayer I'm sure is losing sponsorship deals and may need to cut costs. This could be just one factor or not a factor at all.