Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2006, 12:34 PM

Default Poker Tracker or Poker Office??

I realize that some of this is simply user preference, but I was wondering what some of the strengths/weaknesses of the two are when compared to each other. Any thougths/insights would be greatly appreciated. TIA. I will try to supply any pertinent info, but I'm not even sure what that would be (I typically play micro-low stakes NLHE - I like SnG and tourneys, but always play ring as well) I prefer FT/Stars - and others that allow US players)
Old 10-31-2006, 05:07 AM

Default Re: Poker Tracker or Poker Office??

I think you should try them both to see what you prefer. Most of the Poker Tracker guys have only used Poker Tracker, and most of the Poker Office guys have only used Poker Office.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:13 PM

Fair enough. Since my original post (and prior to it) I have done some research regarding the two programs. In summary:

PT does not have a built in HUD (you have to either get a sourceforge free one (that is limited/ugly according to many) or pay another $25 for PA-HUD.

P.O. doesn't track as well, and doesn't contain some of the info in th HUD that PT+PAHUD does (i.e. Slansky ratings, and some others) I've also heard that PO is not quite as good a database as PT - in so far as sorting, analyzing, etc.

I guess my 2 part question is:
1) Are any of the above assertions incorrect (or over stated)?
2) Are there any major differences between the two that I have completely missed?

I realize that, to a certain extent, it is a matter of personal preference - I was just curious if there were any major features, functions, that are crucial to play (in both ring and tourneys) that are missing or limited in one compared to the other.

Thanks for responding.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:38 PM

I have used Pokertracker for a year or so. A couple of months ago I "brought" (went the play xxx hands and get the program way) PokerOffice, just to find out if I would like it better.

I feel that I gave it a good try, but I eventually got so fed up with the lack of support of some of the rooms I played at then, that I went back to Pokertracker and erased all my memories of PokerOffice.

My advice is that you get the free trial of both, and then decide for yourself. I would like to bias you towards PT, since I have had a silly good experience with the program and the support (unrealistically fast and accurate).
Old 10-31-2006, 06:43 PM

i've used both extensively, and PT is a MUCH better product in almost every way. PO (when i used it) was buggy and its support crew was always slow to respond, whereas PT has shown itself to be practically bug-free in my usage and its support staff is second to none.

go with PT, you won't regret it.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:48 PM

PT with PA HUD hands down.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PT does not have a built in HUD (you have to either get a sourceforge free one (that is limited/ugly according to many) or pay another $25 for PA-HUD.

[/ QUOTE ]I use GameTime+ (the free HUD) and have tried PAHUD. With GT+ you can't customize exactly where you want the stats and it doesn't display all the stats that PAHUD does. The ones you miss are rarely used though.VPIP, PFR, AF, WtSD, W$SD, Fold SB&BB to raise are all there.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PT with PA HUD hands down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. I was a PO man until i started playing more on Full Tilt. PO does'nt support FT, and when the ETA on FT support was "few months", i had to change. After trying out PT+PAHUD for some time now, i really dont miss PO.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:05 AM

PokerOffice is hands down FASTER than pokertracker. There is one big thing PO has over PT...you can track a session live. The live tracker will show you starting hands, flop stats, hand stats and etc all very easy. This along with the other fast features make PO much better. Once PO gets more sites added, pokertracker will go the way of the dinosaur.

cheers
Boon
Old 11-01-2006, 09:41 AM

I'd go with Poker Office. I like that everything is built in, I like the interface and the filtering tools.

I guess it's a lot about personal preferences, so trying them both is probably your best option.