Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2006, 11:14 PM

Default 99, lets work thru it slowly?

Alright, I apologize but for some reason BB's converter wont make my pokerroom hands work properly. so im going to actually make the effort to make this post not so disgusting [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Preflop.

Possu has 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the CO

UTG+1 posts.

1 fold, poster checks, 2 folds, 2 callers, Possu ??

(SB is loose passive, BB is tight passive, button is Tight passive)

raise or call?
Old 01-30-2006, 11:23 PM

Default Re: 99, lets work thru it slowly?

call
but only because I think I might have too hard of a time playing the hand against at least 3 players when an overcard hits even in position
Old 01-30-2006, 11:29 PM

I'll raise. If they all call you almost have overlay for a set, plus you most likely have the current best hand. THis raise pushes your edge.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2006, 11:32 PM

call and be aggro when you hit trips

With this many people I call. I don't see how a raise can be for value.

Raise. Get the button now along with your free card when it's checked to you on the flop(should you choose). We can fold out the button and BB, maybe even the poster.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:59 PM

Default the flop

Possu was worried with 3 people infront of him and a loose SB who had a VPIP of 57% in the SB. Therefore he limped.

button folded, sb completed (surprise!) and bb checked. 6 handed to the flop for 5.6 SBs (cause pokerroom sucks and the rake sucks like bad)

8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB checks, poster bets, 2 callers, Possu ??

this was the part of the hand that had me TRULY confused, preflop was kinda a meh situation really, sometimes i'd raise it, other times i'd play for set value only. now this flop kinda has no set value, but has a gut shot and a WEAK backdoor draw.

so? are we looking to raise this flop, call this flop, or fold and worry about the other tables we are playing?
Old 01-31-2006, 12:27 AM

Default Re: the flop

You are very likely to have the best hand here, and you have outs if you aren't. Your pair is vurnerable to overcards, though, so raise it while you can. I think you are likely looking at a combination of weak pairs, flush/straight draws (with you crippling the obvious open-ender), and overcards. The field will probably shut down on the turn, so just raise it up and go from there. The 2 callers between the poster and you have nothing but call so far, so I would assume they are LP fish until you are told otherwise.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:56 AM

Default Re: the flop

Isn't this flop just like the situation in SSHE described on p 187. The only difference is this time you have the 9 of diamonds (that time, you didn't have the right flush card) and that time there was no real straight draw. Using SSHE as a guide, I think it's 50/50 that you raise here. It might be better to raise a safe card on the turn instead.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:01 AM

Raise. You have an over-pair and need to protect it. Each one you get to fold out, increases your chances to win with this vulnerable pair. In particular you need to fold hands with weak overcards and hands with a diamond in them.

bc