Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2006, 01:39 PM

Default Value on Britney Spears Prop??

Last night I saw that BoDog had a prop -- something to the effect of: "Will Britney Spears adopt a child from outside of North America on or before Dec. 31, 2006?"

"No" was approx -750, if I recall correctly, and the max you can win on any wager is $50.

Isn't there value here? I'm pretty sure she just had a second kid with that thug she married, and I can't see her doing the adopt-an-African thing in the next two months. I know someone is going to say it's not worth tying up $375 for 2 months to win $50, and that may be right, but aside from that, isn't this easy money?

Disclaimer: I'm not up on the pop culture gossip so much, so forgive me if I've got this wrong (i.e., if there it's been in the news that she's considering it), but I figured I would post this and let someone on here who does know about this give their opinion....
Old 10-27-2006, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Value on Britney Spears Prop??

have you lost your vulcan mind?
if she married that thug, she's very capable of adopting a little african
Old 10-27-2006, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
have you lost your vulcan mind?
if she married that thug, she's very capable of adopting a little african

[/ QUOTE ]

She doesn't strike me as a humanitarian type. Still, I think there are better bets than this one for the time my money will be locked up.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:58 PM

to me, there's a LOT of value in that bet. 2 things...

1. with all the (bad) press madonna's got over hers, i can't see another celebrity doing it any time soon...if they do, it'll be quiet. britney never does ANYTHING quietly..

2. that said, i can't bet this. it probably is free money, but right now i still have 80% of my bankroll tied up in the senate races. otherwise, i dunno if i'd max it out, but i'd probably win myself a couple units...

do your thing. it's a bit longterm for some, but if you don't mind waiting, she isn't going to adopt one with 2 of her own running around, and all the press recently about celebrities and adoption...

good find though..
Old 10-27-2006, 07:25 PM

I think there's value, but it's just too long to bother with imo. I don't like to go beyond a month.

BTW, the Wesley Snipes prop is just free money, but it also doesn't grade until the end of the year. They're not even wrapping up filming in Namibia until Mid-December and the chances of him ending up back in America, pleading guilty to something, and being sentenced to jail is way less than 0%. The line on "Will Snipes appear in court to face tax charges by Dec. 31" would still be big value at the current -550.