Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2006, 08:27 AM

Default Long Island NY Home Game

I host a weekly game and would like to invite any Long Island 2+2ers to come on over and join us. We have a decent player base already, but could use some more people to fill in the holes so we can get some 10 handed games going.

The game is baby stakes NL. $10-$20 buyin, .10/.20 cent blinds. Very friendly game, just looking for a few new faces.

We usually play every Friday night at 8pm. We have a game tonight that has some seats open if anyone is interested. Just toss me a PM here and we can talk from there if you would be interested in joining us.

Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2006, 09:51 AM

Default Re: Long Island NY Home Game

Where are in in LI? I go to college at SUNY Stony Brook. I'd love to play and be around some people that know about the game more than the average 5c/10c player. How close am I to you?
Old 10-27-2006, 10:42 AM

Clonex,

Shoot me an e-mail JCarnes@optonline.net I will PM you

JC
Old 10-27-2006, 02:11 PM

You have a PM ducklover. Give the number I gave you a call, you can get all the details from her. If you are interested in playing tonight, then please let her know that as well.

Thanks.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:37 PM

What is a good night profit wise and a bad night loss wise for .10/.20 blinds NL Hold'em? Perhaps this is a way to introduce my friends to NL.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is a good night profit wise and a bad night loss wise for .10/.20 blinds NL Hold'em? Perhaps this is a way to introduce my friends to NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

The absolute worst night anyone has ever had was a $60 loss, and he is a complete maniac who can not distinguish between cash game play and tournament play.

The most anyone has won is maybe $40 above what their buyin was.

The $10-$20 buyin, 10/20 cent blind NL structure is most definitely a great and cheap way to ease your friends into a NL game.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:59 AM

Just want to thank Jameson for coming to the game. He was a great guy, fit in really well and hopefully can become a regular [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Im still looking to add more people to the pool, so if you are interested be sure to shoot me a PM here.
Old 10-29-2006, 04:59 AM

I am interested when im home. Shoot me a PM, I can fill your game up,
Old 11-10-2006, 07:38 PM

sorry im new to the forums even though ive been reading here a long time,...i dont know how to do a PM, but, where are u in LI? Im in queens and I would def shoot out for a game, even though it is REALLY baby stakes lol
but hey, im in it for the love of the game !
Old 11-15-2006, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry im new to the forums even though ive been reading here a long time,...i dont know how to do a PM, but, where are u in LI? Im in queens and I would def shoot out for a game, even though it is REALLY baby stakes lol
but hey, im in it for the love of the game !

[/ QUOTE ]

Im in Suffolk County, central suffolk, south shore. Pretty far if you are coming from Queens.

I know the game is baby stakes, but like I said, we play for love of the game and to have a good time. Majority of the players prefer the fun factor over trying to make any real money playing. Some of us are more serious about the game then others (read books, read 2+2. etc.) and others just simply like playing.

For anyone who hasn't contacted me and is interested in playing, just PM me an email address that you check regularly and I can add you to my list. I basically send out an email once a week, calling a game for that Friday. We play almost every week.

Again, friendly game, friendly people. Just trying to boost the player base so we can get some full 10 person games going more often then we do now and maybe hold the occasional Tourney.