Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2006, 01:32 PM

Default 10 20 deepish against unknown and really bad player

6 handed online.
UTG is really bad, I played him headsup for 45mins or so and he seemed to be one of the worst $10 $20 players I have played against. I would say he is in 5-6 handed about 55/4 preflop, but sort of laggish postflop.
SB is unknown he bought in for like $1100 but has doubled up twice in last two hands. Based on few plays I have seen I would say he is bit weak-bad, does minireraising preflop etc.
Í played following hand against him just few mins before this hand:
1 limper to me and I make it $80 with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] from cutoff he calls on btn and sb + limper come along.
Flop is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] checked to me and I bet $190 he makes it $420 and I call. Turn was A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I called like really small bet river was 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and it went check check and his A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] took the pot.

Now to the hand, UTG($3900) limps next seat has posted dead and checks cutoff folds and I($5500) make it $120 with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] SB ( $4600) calls. UTG and the other guy call also.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] it's checked to me and I bet $440 SB and UTG call.

Turn is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and SB leads out $760 to about $1800 pot, UTG calls. What is my action now?
I have no doubt I have UTG beated, but he can have anything from KTo to flushdraw + gutshot. I have no clue what SB could do this play with.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:21 PM

Default Re: 10 20 deepish against unknown and really bad player

SB's bet is often a king or a draw, and worthy of raising, but stack sizes make that real awkward. Really the only real raise possible is a push. Good luck.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:41 PM

I think it's such a weird bet. The SB must know that UTG will call him very lightly there, so it doesnt make much sense for him to semibluff. It's also such a small amount almost like hoping for me to push it.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:31 PM

How bad is a call here?
Old 10-26-2006, 07:57 PM

itltz once again interesting hand. a few considerations are... SB might have just called the flop to let UTG call or maybe even raise. on the turn my initial reaction was that he has a king and was trying to just make a small bet cause his hand is small, get some value/protect his hand. but really his hand isn't strong enough to do that, you raised big prelfop and bet pot on a field of 4, it's 3 way on turn. SB cna't feel that good about a mediocre king.

maybe AK? 55 or 22, not sure it's a tricky one. results for this one?
Old 10-26-2006, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How bad is a call here?

[/ QUOTE ]

You could, but then if the river comes KQJ or black you won't know where you are...

I just think you're ahead the vast majority of the time here and it's worthy of a raise for that reason, and it prevents playing guessing games on the river.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:53 AM

I obv pushed the turn and SB called with KK.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch. Don't see how you could've gotten away from it, though.

Thoughts on SB's play in this? It somehow seems both horrible and brilliant, and I simply cant' decide which one it's more.

Kirk
Old 10-27-2006, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch. Don't see how you could've gotten away from it, though.

Thoughts on SB's play in this? It somehow seems both horrible and brilliant, and I simply cant' decide which one it's more.

Kirk

[/ QUOTE ]

It's tough to play people who play superweak and get a good run of cards. Pretty much impossible to read them when their only bets are tiny or minraises, especially when they combine that with buying in short.