Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2006, 07:24 AM

Default AJo UTG makes TP but feels weak

CO 41/9/1.2
SB 25/20/2.7

Limit: $3/$6
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8.5SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8.75BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (11.75BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, Button folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to SB.

Results:
Final pot: 11.75BB

I wanted to fold the turn, but did on the river finally. Seems terrible and feels like another heavily butchered hand.

Another option I'm giving myself is to call down the whole way, but I wanted CO out of the way.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:39 AM

Default Re: AJo UTG makes TP but feels weak

This flop doesn't look good. I'm more inclined to call down if i'm going to see the river. The flop raise is begging to be 3bet and you know are not going to folding anyone.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:40 AM

I think you either have to call down from flop or play like this and call the river. For a part because of his AF.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CO 41/9/1.2
SB 25/20/2.7

Limit: $3/$6
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8.5SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8.75BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (11.75BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, Button folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to SB.

Results:
Final pot: 11.75BB

I wanted to fold the turn, but did on the river finally. Seems terrible and feels like another heavily butchered hand.

Another option I'm giving myself is to call down the whole way, but I wanted CO out of the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's is not 3-betting two people on the flop and leading the turn into 2 people with a worse A. If you want to fold, fold on the turn.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:54 AM

I wouldn't raise that flop. A three betting SB could easily have AK. I'd call down though. And I wouldn't call when the pot is small and then fold when the pot becomes big when relatively harmless cards come. You would have been better off folding the flop.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:58 AM

The flop raise is good, given how drawy the board is and the fact SB's 3-bet gives you tons of information. Once you are 3-bet you are basically looking at a backdoor flush draw out and 3 very questionable J outs. With Button allong for the ride, and SB's range, and some pretty crappy reverse implied odds if SB holds AK or AA or KK when you do improve, even the calling the flop 3-bet is probably wrong. Calling the turn is spewing.

Sometimes you have to let go of top pair. This is one of those times.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:04 AM

Don't we want to raise this flop because SB is often continuation betting with QQ-TT and to give button worse odds to chase a gutter or even a 2 outer?

I think SB's holding is more often QQ-TT here than AA, KK, or AK. I don't think AQs is in SB's range here.