Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2006, 11:29 PM

Default NL100 | Bottom 2 BB Special

CO is a winning TAG with a nit streak. EP coldcaller is a calling station.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $43.70
UTG+1: $130.60
CO: $92.90
Button: $98.50
SB: $99.90
Hero: $269

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($4.5, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4.5</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $22.5</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $268</font>...

This seemed like an obvious push. Is it?
Old 10-26-2006, 12:40 AM

Default Re: NL100 | Bottom 2 BB Special

Does villan raise here w/ a FD, and or some king that he limped that I cant really think of? What kind of nittish tag is he? Is he like 18 5 or like 18 15? I would be much more inclined to call and reevaluate as the only hand that will call that you "beat" is like 89hh or 9Thh. I think in general you are running your hand into a set here and are never called by a worse hand. Although if he think he raises a draw here I can see more value in it, but I would still much rather wait for a safe turn card.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:19 AM

i think you have to push here.. any raise is you give would probably commit him or be too small anyway.. and calling on the flop is too weak and lets in too many draws imo.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you have to push here.. any raise is you give would probably commit him or be too small anyway.. and calling on the flop is too weak and lets in too many draws imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think villans range can be narrowed far more by op. He seems to have played with him and should have some osrt of basic read and I think villans range can become much mroe concrete. Assuming he is a mostly unknown tag, I think you will really want to see a safe turn card as you are prob behind his range imo.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think villans range can be narrowed far more by op. He seems to have played with him and should have some osrt of basic read and I think villans range can become much mroe concrete. Assuming he is a mostly unknown tag, I think you will really want to see a safe turn card as you are prob behind his range imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think we are that far behind his range, we know he doesn't have KK since he limped. It is unlikely he has 66 or 77 since we have one of each and he limped. That pretty much leaves K7 and K6 as the the most likely holdings if we are behind, but I think we see draws most of the time here when he calls.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:09 AM

i call here, pushing has more value in a raised pot, i don't think it has that much value in a limped pot

i lead any non [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and i keep my eye open for signs of a better 2p
Old 10-26-2006, 02:59 AM

This really looks like 8h9h or something that doesnt wanna get called. I like pushing.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:24 AM

To answer questions...

The villan was running around 20/13 or so, and is up about 300 at NL100 over the last 1000 hands. He is not a donk or a maniac; his errors come when folding.

I felt like he could be raising TP or a strong draw. My image is donkey lag and people have been taking shots at me, but until now, the villan hasn't been.