Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2006, 07:02 PM

Default i am confused! HollywoodPoker doesn\'t match what Eurobet said...

[ QUOTE ]
2.6 "Gross Revenue" is calculated as the sum total of all Players' contribution to all "rakes" the Players were involved while playing at the Website, less any credits, bonus or promotional amounts, processing charges, charge backs, or any un-collectable revenue attributable to the Player.
The rake is calculated as a percentage of the pot size with a cap. To normalise the quality of the Affiliated Players, the revenue split is calculated on game participation rather than the outcome. Each Affiliated Player is credited the total sum of all their bets in that hand divided by the total pot size times the rake for a hand in which the Affiliated Player is participating.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am almost positive the sites have to calculate the rake the same way as the rest of the sites in the network. Anyone know more about this? This is "contributed" rake...you only get rake back for the money you put in the pot...but the Eurobet affiliate manager sent me an email detailing that if you see the flop, you get an equal share.

Link to Eurobet manager post

[ QUOTE ]
You only have to put money in a pot to be given rake against your account. i.e. 10 player table-6 fold-player A folds the small blind-player B plays the flop on big blind-player C flat calls and raises the turn both player D who has flat called the flop and player B fold to C. The rake is $1 all 4 players will have 25 cents attributed to them whilst the other 6 players will not have any rake contribution given to them. Yours sincerely, Mark Patrick, Poker Manager,

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to pick nits, but this is a substantially important point.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:37 PM

Default Re: i am confused! HollywoodPoker doesn\'t match what Eurobet said...

I have heard the exact same thing from different rooms on Prima. I'm not sure what is right for either network.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:00 AM

Default Re: i am confused! HollywoodPoker doesn\'t match what Eurobet said...

you and me both....they don't even care about the difference between see the flop and see the river.

Long time ago, someone from one large prima site claimed it was just like party, and really thought it was, but that was only for their "raked hand" promotions.