Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2006, 12:45 PM

Default OT: ADD and Online Poker Players

I remember a few months ago a regular poster here made a thread about some similarities he noticed with other online poker players. I remember he discussed many of them not needing to study as hard as peers to do well in school as well. I don't even know what to search for to find this thread, but if anyone can help me find it, that'd be grrrrreattt.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:47 PM

Default Re: OT: ADD and Online Poker Players

try searching for add and adhd to start. . .
Old 10-25-2006, 12:48 PM

I searched ADD -re, and ADHD -re in subject only. Both of them gave me 100s of results without containing ADD or ADHD in the subject line - I really don't get this search function.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:53 PM

try +ADD -re
Old 10-25-2006, 12:54 PM

Is this it?

I searched subject line with this: +ADHD -"Re:"
Old 10-25-2006, 01:25 PM

Yes! Thank you! I didn't do the + part and that changed everything.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes! Thank you! I didn't do the + part and that changed everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

It didn't really "change everything"...You're F**d; learn simple Russian verbs and kiss your A** goodbye [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2006, 04:48 PM

Sorry Bob! That was advice (punchline) back in the 60's for what to do in case of a nuclear attack. Except for the learning Russian part.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:21 PM

I have been thinking about this for a while. I am having a big problem with this. I really deep down inside do not believe in this crap. But on the other hand I was in the 90's on that test. In the other thread where the doctor kind of broke it down for us, I basically felt he was describing me to a T.

I have a huge problem with conveying weakness and I really do not want to admit that I have it (if it does exist) but especially know that I am back in school, I am considering going to a doctor. I dont know this has been waying heavy on me since that thread originally came out, of course I managed to put it off and continue to do so. I dont know, it would be nice to maybe actualy be able to fix alot of my day to day struggles ( i.e. yesterday I wa sure I left with my hat on and drove to class and when I got out I didnt have it on my head. I looked in my car and I couldnt find it. I was so confused how could I lose my hat while I was in my car? I went through the rest of the day really pissed off. I were my Tigers hat every day and this hat is generation like 20 or something. So I had to watch the game without it which is obviously why they lost. At any rate I looked again this morning and I couldnt find it. Searched my car not there. Then at a stoplight on the way to class I reached my arms back while yawning and I rested my left arm on the head rest of the passenger seat. Sure enough there was my hat sitting in plane sight. This [censored] happens to me all the time. Up until that point I was convinced I must of given my hat to the toll person instead of a dollar it was the only thing I could thin of! Oh one other tidbit last week after class drove home walked in the door and realized I still had another class I was supposed to go to) I have grown custom to these types of little escapades and the assumption that people assume I am stupid, of course i have always been in actuality the smartest person I know. I like most of you never ever had to do homework. Now that I am in law school it is the first time and I find it excrutiating hard!!!!!! This is why I think Imight break down and see if I can find some help. Inoder to study I have to go to great legnths just to get anything done. I have to isolate my self in the coroner of the library, I am a half hour drive from my apartment and I canot be any closer or I will just go home. Then of course I still have my computer so I have been trying to shut it off but of course I need the word program so I go back and forth and basically for every 15 minutes of work I get done I do about 45 minutes of nothing where I just find other things to do. Like post this for example!!!! I think I am posting this in an attempt to make myself get some help, I dont know, I really do not want my family to find out. I dont know why I just for whatever reason am really guarded about this. I havent even talked tomy wife actually I tried I kinda mentioned my score and asked her what she thought. She said it would explain my poor listening skills. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2006, 05:50 PM

what's the harm w/ trying a little Strattera? Your doctor will describe it if u ask. Its a nonstimulant and should work well for most.

Indy