Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2006, 07:20 AM

Default Worst Gambling loss against the spread in your life.

Probably about 8 to 10 years ago I had Syracuse hoops at home getting 4.5. They were down by 1 with 10 secs left with the ball. Syracuse drove down and got called w/ a horrible offensive foul. Georgetown came down and got fouled w/ 1 second left. After the guy made the 1st FT to go up by 2 some fans threw oranges on the court. The refs called a technical foul on the CROWD! The rest is history
Old 10-25-2006, 09:13 AM

Default Re: Worst Gambling loss against the spread in your life.

I can’t even remember the circumstances now but the most emotional loss I ever experienced involved a home run where the batter never touched the plate.
I don’t remember if I had the over or the home team -1.5 or what the deal was but I remember I had a bunch of money on the game and pulled off a miracle win when a home run was hit and then the guy never touched home so they took a point off the score.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:25 AM

I think it was the steelers vs some random AFC team and the steelers were lining up to kick a game tying or winning FG. Either way, the steelers were going to cover. Well the kick gets blocked and returned for a TD and i am ready to puke. There have been worse, but that was my most memorable.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:06 AM

I don't know about all-time, but I had 4 legs of a 5-team teaser that would pay 6.5 units two weeks ago with only Florida +7 remaining. Of course, on the last play of the game, they try that stupid three-lateral play and let Auburn run back a TD on the fumble to screw me over. I was definitely screaming and throwing things on that one.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:22 AM

There are a bunch of classic ones that get posted all the time. Robin Ventura's grand slam single is a famous one, since that kept the game from going over.

Two of the other famous ones: One game involving New England and some other AFC East team where the one team was annoyed at a referee's call and refused to bring out their team to defend the extra point. The kicking team just picked the ball up and walked into the end zone for the two point conversion. Another game the first year of the year college OT system involving some PAC 10 team. The dog was something like +9.5 or +11. The favored team got the ball first and scored. The dog gets the ball, throws an interception which is returned by the defense for a TD, an the favorite wins by 13 in overtime.

Somebody else can probably fill in the details but I got the gist of these right.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:23 AM

Oh, one other game is that I believe the Malice at the Palace in 2004 was a point or two from going over the total when the brawl broke out.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:02 PM

I was on the winning side of it - but the Chris Duhon half-court shot at the buzzer to cover the spread vs UConn in the Final Four was pretty strong.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:22 PM

Toddy not scoring with the MILF, of course.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:24 PM

Didn't involve me personally, thank god - but somewhere around 25 years ago I was working in a sports book in Reno -one of our five-star degenerate car living drink toke begging types had made (for him) a HUGE bet on an SEC college BB game - I think Georgia was one of the teams....

Anyway, he's getting 7, team is down by one with 2.5 seconds left and is inbounding the ball under the basket. Kid throws in ball, jump shot goes in, time expires....except....

Kid throwing in ball stepped on line, so ball goes over to other team, who throws ball length of court for layup - intentional foul on layup - technical on player who fouled, three techicals on various bench players and coaches. Team ends up losing by eight....

Surprisingly, he didn't kill himself.

MM MD
Old 10-25-2006, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't involve me personally, thank god - but somewhere around 25 years ago I was working in a sports book in Reno -one of our five-star degenerate car living drink toke begging types had made (for him) a HUGE bet on an SEC college BB game - I think Georgia was one of the teams....

Anyway, he's getting 7, team is down by one with 2.5 seconds left and is inbounding the ball under the basket. Kid throws in ball, jump shot goes in, time expires....except....

Kid throwing in ball stepped on line, so ball goes over to other team, who throws ball length of court for layup - intentional foul on layup - technical on player who fouled, three techicals on various bench players and coaches. Team ends up losing by eight....

Surprisingly, he didn't kill himself.

MM MD

[/ QUOTE ]

If this actually happened - that rules.