Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2006, 05:14 PM

Default Not sure about this one AQs

Party Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (10 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

I froze up on the river. I think it is either raise or fold, but I am not sure.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Not sure about this one AQs

Bet the river. No reason to think you don't have the best hand at this point. Villain may have decided since you checked that he would try and steal the pot with his busted draw and button doesn't necessarily have you beat either so I would call. Raising qualifies as spew IMO.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is either raise or fold, but I am not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

C/Ring is terrible. You will never fold a better hand and hands you beat are usually folding except maybe a middle pocket pair (and many people are smart enough to fold that after the c/r).

Reads would really help here, but readless I'd say anyone loose enough to call the flop with anything that has a K in it is also loose enough to have pocket pairs 77-99, and it's also possible they have a weak queen. Then again these hands may not bet with the K on the board; looks like a bet/fold to me.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:25 PM

*grunch*

Preflop looks fine to me. Flop I would bet too. I would also bet out the turn even with a K on the board. Keep betting the river though. The 7 is not really a scare card and you haven't been reraised yet. When UTG+2 bets out here, he could be trying to buy the pot putting you on a busted draw, and I would call his bet. Leading out would probably have been better though, but I would fold to a raise.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:30 PM

I'd bet the river...the 7s is a total blank, no reason to think you're not still ahead. I think it's a raise if you decide to check...this could be a bluff , a worse queen, PP, etc. This is definately not a fold, please don't fold this hand that's crazy, I mean someone could have a K, but there's no particular reason that a hand with a K, that's not a PF raising hand, is still in this pot (not to say your opponents are logical, but still.) Likewise you'd think someone slowplaying trips would have pulled the trigger on the turn.

Edit: Yeah after reading the other posts I think raising could be spew, I doubt many hands you beat would call. My grunching has been awful today...that being said, I'd never check that river so it doesn't much matter.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:17 PM

No reads on either, only had 8 or 13 hands on them. The table was very loose (50ish VPIP).
Old 01-30-2006, 06:26 PM

I would rather bet on the river, you may have just induced him to bluff, or bet a weak hand. The 7 is really a blank on this board, so theres no reason to think you still dont have the best hand.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:33 PM

Perfect til river. U should bet. This is because op will check down hands u beat like QJ but bet Kx for value. But he would probably not raise ur bet with Kx fearing AK. So if u check U win 0 when ahead and lose 1 when behind (u MUST call!!! Pot is laying 12:1). If u bet u win 1 when ahead and lose 1 when behind. Better, right?
Old 01-30-2006, 07:20 PM

Thanks for the advice, I realize my error. Even right after I knew I had made a mistake checking (esp with a pot that large).

Anyway, villan turns over Kx and MHING.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I froze up on the river. I think it is either raise or fold, but I am not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG this is not close to raise or fold.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...3975&amp;page=