Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2006, 01:14 AM

Default Looking for an airsoft pistol

I was playing with my girlfriends younger cousin, who had a few of these pellet guns (pistol, rifle and shotgun) and it was a blast.

For anyone with experience with these, is it better to have a CO2 powered version or a spring-loaded version? Spring-loaded seems like it would be the way to go, since then I wouldn't have to return to the store to get the cartridge filled. On the other hand, spring loaded seems like it would be weaker, though this is just my guess, since I haven't shot a CO2 powered version yet.

Should I order off the internet or should I find a local store that would sell them? I'm around Minneapolis, so most bigger chains would have a store near me.

I was looking at these: http://www.tippmann.com/product_guid...x?categoryid=5
Should I be looking at something else?

Also, is it illegal to shoot someone with this (stranger or not) without their consent?

EDIT: It would be nice if it could shoot paintballs as well, something like the 6mm (maybe?) sized balls.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Looking for an airsoft pistol

I just bought this gun http://shortyusa.com/index.html?RID=4328 It's awesome. Goes right through cans and hurts like a bitch to get shot with. I cant shoot it in my apartment because it dents the walls though.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just bought this gun http://shortyusa.com/index.html?RID=4328 It's awesome. Goes right through cans and hurts like a bitch to get shot with. I cant shoot it in my apartment because it dents the walls though.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you shot yourself at point blank range, with no cover (pull up your pant leg or something), would it break the skin? I realize it has to be pretty powerful for this to happen.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:23 AM

I actually just ordered this pair of berettas for my Halloween costume (I'll be Connor from the Boondock Saints). Seemed like a great price for two of them.

edit:
[ QUOTE ]
Also, is it illegal to shoot someone with this (stranger or not) without their consent?

[/ QUOTE ]
It'd probably be battery with a weapon or something. Don't do it.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please think about this for more than 3 seconds.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:30 AM

Tell me this is a gift for your little cousin?
Old 10-24-2006, 02:57 AM

Springers get pretty boring. YOu should look at getting a gas blowback pistol. These have full action and are as realistic to a real gun as you will get. They are also generally much more powerful than the springers (will break the skin, can shoot through bottom of a pop can with no problem).

It's been quite a while since I played, but I was fairly knowledgable when I played regularly. My pistol of choice was a Glock 18C (with a switch for semi or fully auto). I think it was made by KWA (I think KSA & KWA are interchangable brand names though). ShortyUSA is pretty good for springers, but their gas pistol selection was always limited.

I think i remember airsoftatlanta.com being one of the best US based retailers. I always used Airsoftnw.com since it was local for me.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:08 AM

what the crap is the purpose of these things?
Old 10-24-2006, 03:43 AM

wackjob,

As far as I know, lots of the guns can be used indoors without worry about most things being breakable. So its kind of like paintball that can happen anywhere. College kids will ambush each other in the dorms, etc, which is obviously problematic with paint splatters.

They can break LCD monitors, though, at least some of them. One of the CA guys - RJ, or maybe Sponger? - posted that someone shot his 2001FP and broke it.