Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2006, 04:05 PM

Default Poker Room Bonus

Make a reload by February 5 and enter our special Super Bowl XL Deposit Challenge.

As usual, you will get an extra 10% reload bonus up to $100. But this time, you will get an additional 10% up to $100 if you pick the right Super Bowl team as winner.

Choose between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Seattle Seahawks and enter one of the reload codes below when depositing. Reload Terms & Conditions apply

Pittsburgh Steelers code: RSTEELERS
Seattle Seahawks code: RSEAHAWKS

Reload now and enter the challenge!

Who is favored to win anyway?
Old 01-30-2006, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Poker Room Bonus

Steelers
Old 01-30-2006, 08:04 PM

Ditto on steelers lets hope double bonus
Old 01-30-2006, 08:58 PM

And remember, if you are playing limit at any level below 5/10 or so you are better off playing at another site WITHOUT a bonus than you are playing at Pokeroom or one of it's skins WITH a bonus. The rake there IS that brutal. Just keep this in mind sports fans.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:09 PM

Does that mean we can win earn up to 200?
Old 01-30-2006, 10:09 PM

Default Show Me

[ QUOTE ]
And remember, if you are playing limit at any level below 5/10 or so you are better off playing at another site WITHOUT a bonus than you are playing at Pokeroom or one of it's skins WITH a bonus. The rake there IS that brutal. Just keep this in mind sports fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Show me how another site's rake structure is $.067/hand better than PokerRoom's at 2-4 ($/hand based on 10 pts/$).
Old 01-31-2006, 02:07 AM

Agree strongly, glad to see someone else talking about this.

The rake is very, very high. Watch some of the games and see how much money they take out. Taking $2 at $20 is a good way to break everyone.

I think the bonuses clear well, though, which still probably makes it worthwhile to play there when there's one of their many bonueses.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:10 AM

I'm not sure I understand how these rake calculations are being done.
It seems from my experience there that a 10x bonus is about 88% rakeback. that should be scaleable, since the rake taken is based on the big bet, and you can earn points up to the max rake. what am i missing?
Old 01-31-2006, 12:14 PM

The average equivalent rakeback from the bonus is 70% at 10 pts. per $1 for full ring games but tighter players obviously do better than that. That figure comes from the .7 pts per $1 in rake ratio and with 10 players at a full ring game getting an equal amount of points if they are dealt cards.

The microlimit players get hit harder at PR and skins than the low and middle limit players because PR takes rake out pretty much any time there is a flop. The rake is also 10% in many cases (but .5 for a $5 pot at Party is also 10%, microlimit players are just going to get screwed). BUT the larger pots and the higher limits at PR actually get raked LESS than some poker rooms since the rake is capped at $3 for any given hand and usually a lot lower than this (I don't play many microlimit games but for example the rake is capped at .50 for O8 .5/1 games, and the pots can often get pretty big). I suck at O8 by the way, thus the microlimit play.

In my experience the rake IS a bit higher than elsewhere but not THAT much higher but I personally win at a higher rate on the PR skins than anywhere else so I don't really care (and it seems that there is ALWAYS a bonus to clear at one of the skins). Plus I actually LIKE the software. Just having the option of having a table NOT pop up when the action is to me saves me lots of misclicks.

If the consensus is that only an idiot would play on the PR network because of the rake, well, that's exactly who I prefer to play against.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:12 PM

I think the key is to play full ring at PR. As people point out, you get the equivalent of 70% RB on the bonus if the game is 10-handed (and only 35% RB at the 5-handed tables, provided all 5 seats are taken). I think the game selection has been very bad there compared to other sites since the Eurobet bonus, at least at 3-6 and 5-10 full. So finding the idiots paying higher rake doesn't really seem to be working. My two cents.